Jul 25, 2010

#129 - "Glazed Murder" by Jessica Beck


Summary:
Meet Suzanne Hart, owner and operator of Donut Hearts coffee shop in April Springs, North Carolina. After her divorce from Max, an out-of-work actor she's dubbed 'The Great Impersonator,' Suzanne decided to pursue her one true passion in life: donuts. So she cashed in her settlement and opened up shop in the heart of her beloved hometown.
But when a dead body is dumped on her doorstep like a sack of flour, Suzanne's cozy little shop becomes an all-out crime scene. Now, everyone in town is dropping by for glazed donuts and gruesome details. The retired sheriff warns her to be careful - and they're all suspects. Soon Suzanne - who finds snooping as irresistible as donuts - is poking holes in everyone's alibis.

My rating: 4/5

My thoughts on the book:
I enjoyed Glazed Murder a lot! This is the first book in the Donut Shop Mystery series. At the beginning I didn't like Suzanne, but I slowly warmed up to her character & now I'm looking forward to the second book in the series! I recommend it to every cozy mystery lover! There are also cooking recipes after every chapter (most of them for donuts).

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Just what I need...donut recipes. lol!
    Sounds like a fun new series, this one is going on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete