Jul 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays #21

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"About the time he thought his lungs would burst, he reached a ledge just below the Weirstone and shoved his body up and over. He lay facedown in the snow until he caught his breath, then pulled himself to his feet."

 The Dragon Heir
by
Cinda Williams Chima

"Dark cliffs rose from the sea, snow-covered fields atop them. Rising from the fields a pillar of rock, and atop the rock, a city."

Graceling
by
Kristin Cashore
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love this Graceling cover. Very striking.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    Great fantasy setting in Graceling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Graceling a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. The Dragon Heir sounds interesting too. Good teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, do let me know how the Dragon Heir turns out - It sounds exactly my kindabook :)
    My teaser is here - George R R Martin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I liked Graceling when I read it. I have the series by Chima on by TBR stack but haven't gotten to them yet. My teaser is from Blood Song by Cat Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun summer escapism books! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sound really great!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not my type of books, but love the teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick. I love both!

    here's mine;

    http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-teausdays-thin-excutioner.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Tuesday! I just love this meme! I get to see so many great books. I loved Graceling - I like the new cover for it too. Have a great week, happy reading. Stop by at The Wormhole to see mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving you teaser! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete