Jun 14, 2012

"Touched by an Alien" by Gini Koch


Title: Touched by an Alien

Series: Katherine "Kitty" Katt / Alien #1

Author: Gini Koch

(read from April 20th to April 23rd, 2012)

My rating: 4 of 5


Summary:  
How can a sexy marketing manager join forces with an Alpha Centauri male in Armani to save the planet-using hairspray, a Mont Blanc pen, and rock n' roll?

Easy...

She's Touched by an Alien
 
Marketing manager Katherine "Kitty" Katt steps into the middle of what appears to be a domestic dispute turned ugly. And it only gets uglier when the man turns into a winged monster, straight out of a grade-Z horror movie, and goes on a killing spree. Though Kitty should probably run away, she springs into action to take the monster down.

In the middle of the chaos a handsome hunk named Jeff Martini appears, sent by the "agency" to perform crowd control. He's Kitty's kind of guy, no matter what planet he's from. And from now on, for Kitty, things are going to be sexy, dangerous, wild, and out of this world.

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

The first thing I'm saying is that I loved Touched by an Alien. 
I kept hearing great things about the series, and although I really wanted to try it, I kept postponing getting this book, but, I was lucky enough to win a signed copy of the 2nd book Alien Tango (thank you Stella & Gini) and ordered this one right away & I didn't regret it! 
It was so fun & entertaining - I kept laughing out loud - and it was really action packed, and yeah, it had lots of hot guys in Armani suits (most of them aliens), and lots of monsters a.k.a superbeings, and yeah lots of great sexy scenes, and great story & really likable characters. 
I really liked Kitty, she's really smart & inovative - I loved the ways she came up to fight - I had so much fun reading them :) As for Jeff Martini, from the beginning I met him I found him quite charming & really liked him & now of course I love both him & Kitty as a couple. I loved their banter, as well as all the dialogues between the characters - just hilarious. I also liked Christopher as a character, although I didn't like how he was acting at first - I understood about Kitty from the beginning, that was obvious (and in matters of the heart or at least when it comes to other people, sometimes Kitty seems to be a little dense) but I knew there must be something more than jealousy about the way Christopher acted toward Martini, and yeah, there is, and that was sad. Anyway, I wasn't too happy about the elevator scene, but thankfully Martini made that all go away later ;) Other character I have to mention that I absolutely loved is James Reader! One of my fav characters! Also, Kitty's family - hilarious, including their dogs & cats :) I was a little irritated by Kitty's mother for one thing she kept saying to Kitty. And although we don't actually meet Chuckie in this book, I liked him, too :) 
So, although a little obvious, it was a good novel. I liked the ending & all the characters, I loved the action, humour, dialogues, romance & the writing style, it's just such a fun read with lots of funny banter between all the characters that will make you laugh so much. So although not perfect, still loved it & it's now one of my favorites that I know I'll read again & again. 
So, if you enjoy action-packed books that will make you laugh out loud & swoon at the same time, then this is a book for you & I highly recommend it!        


Challenges:
 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012

Speculative Romance Challenge 2012 

ABC Challenge 2012

2012 Science Fiction Reader Challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment