Jun 9, 2012

"If I Die" by Rachel Vincent

 
 
Title: If I Die

Series: Soul Screamers #5

Author: Rachel Vincent

(read from June 6th to June 9th, 2012)

My rating: 5 of 5


Summary: 

The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee - she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah - it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.

 
My Thoughts on the Book:

What can I say? I loved it, loved it, loved it! Ok, I loved it mostly because of the romance between Tod & Kaylee & them getting together & the sweet ending, but loved it & can't wait to get my hands on Before I Wake. Ok, I have a feeling this review will be a mess, but here goes ;) 
So, Tod let's Kaylee & her father know that her name is on the next week's reaper list, and that her reaper will be the same one that was before - Thane. And Thane is a psycho, he shows up in advance & starts stalking her. She only tells Tod about that & when Tod sees Thane doing that, he does something totally unexpected & so awesome, and yeah, it was sweet, too, 'cause we know how much he loves Kaylee, and he'll do anything for her. And, Kaylee sees him doing that, and then she kisses him & I'm still swooning over the finally fact ;) Ok, so Nash came across them while kissing, and I was sorry for him, but what he did after that was just awful, so thank God for Sabine being there. 
As for the Incubus business, that was really good & creepy, so you gotta love how Rachel's mind workd & her writing style ;) and yay, we met Lydia again, hopefully we'll see her again, and I knew where the ending was going, but I still was a little surprised with a few things ;) but I just loved every second of it.
Sorry, as I said, this review will be a little bit of mess, 'cause I didn't have time to process all yet, but I found this book highly entertaining, I laughed out loud lots of times, & I was enthralled with the story & the characters & Tod & Kaylee, and everything, and I loved the ending, it was just so sweet (although not surprising) and I highly recommend the series!!!     

Challenges:
 

100+ Books In A Year Reading Challenge 2012

2012 YA Mythology Challenge

0 comments:

Post a Comment