Jun 12, 2012

Dusty Reads #12: The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by G. W. Dahlquist!



Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Giselle @ Xpresso Reads, featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our home shelf for some time. 
  
Books don't have to be 'x' years old. If you've had the book for a few months without reading it, it's dusty! ;)


 
A spy, a killer, and an impostor - this book features three extraordinary heroes. 
Miss Temple didn't come to the city for an adventure - she came to find a husband. But when her fiance, Roger Bascombe threw her over for no apparent reason, Miss Temple decided to find out why. Yet, following Roger to a masked ball (one with a most sinister purpose) will take Miss Temple very far from the respectable world she has always known ... 
Cardinal Chang, so thoroughly disreputable that he has been hired to kill a man, is disconcerted to find his masked target has already been assassinated. No longer able to trust those who hired him (if ever he did), he sets out to find who has beaten him to his quarry - and why ... 
Dr Svenson did not ask to be a chaperone to his Prince, but he is loyal all the same, even when the young prince's debauched appetites put him in the clutches of a cabal of very nasty characters and involve him in a diabolical 'process' that has singular effects on the human mind ... 
"The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters" is an adventure like no other, set in a city few have travelled to, featuring three heroes you will never ever forget.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book before but it sounds like fun! If there is some romance here then I'll be tempted to pick it up. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Simcha: Thanks, I have no idea if there's romance & I don't know when I'll finally read it, I've had it for 2 years now, but haven't been able to make myself pick it up, I think the small font & almost 700 pages make me postponing reading it ;)

    ReplyDelete