Oct 1, 2011

#4 - "The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle


Title: The Last Unicorn
Author: Peter S. Beagle
Adapted by: Peter B. Gillis
Illustrated by: Ray Dillon & Renae De Liz
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Pages: 152
ISBN: 9781600108518

Read on May 13th, 2011 from e-copy acquired from NetGalley!

My rating: 5 of 5

Summary:
Whimsical. Lyrical. Poignant. Adapted for the first time from the acclaimed and beloved novel by Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn is a tale for any age about the wonders of magic, the power of love, and the tragedy of loss. The unicorn, alone in her enchanted wood, discovers that she may be the last of her kind. Reluctant at first, she sets out on a journey to find her fellow unicorns, even if it means facing the terrifying anger of the Red Bull and malignant evil of the king who wields his power.

My thoughts on the graphic novel:
I have to admit that although I grew up watching The Last Unicorn over & over again, I still haven't read the book! But I absolutely loved this graphic novel. I loved it so much that it's on my must-buy list! The illustrations were just so beautiful & amazing, they literally took my breath away. I was like "wow"! So, the artists have done really amazing job capturing all the landscapes & bringing the magic of the story. I highly recommend it!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment