Oct 31, 2011

#121 - "The Infernals" by John Connolly (ARC)



Title: The Infernals
Author: John Connolly
Series: Samuel Johnson vs. the Devil, Book 2

Book read from September 19th to October 4th, 2011, from copy acquired from Simon & Schuster GalleyGrab!

My rating: 4 of 5

Summary:
Samuel Johnson is in trouble. Not only is he in love with the wrong girl, but the demon Mrs Abernathy is seeking revenge upon him for his part in foiling the invasion of Earth by the forces of Darkness. She wants to get her claws on Samuel, and when the Large Hadron Collider is turned on again, she is given her chance. Samuel and his faithful dachshund, Boswell, are pulled through a portal into Hell, there to be hunted down by Mrs. Abernathy and her allies.
But catching Samuel is not going to be easy, for Mrs. Abernathy has reckoned without the bravery and cleverness of a boy and his dog, or the loyalty of Samuel's friend, the hapless demon Nurd. Most of all, she hasn't planned on the intervention of an unexpected band of little men, for Samuel and Boswell are not the only inhabitants of Earth who have found themselves in Hell.
If you thought demons were frightening, just wait until you meet Mr. Merryweather's Elves...


 My thoughts on the book:
I loved the first book The Gates and I continued reading this one straight away, because I had it from the Simon & Schuster GalleyGrab email. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the first half of the book. It just wasn't as entertaining & as hilarious & fun & funny as The Gates. It just didn't kept my attention as you can see how long it took me to read it. I still loved Nurd & Samuel as characters, the Hell & the demons were imaginative, the humour was there, but there was just something missing. But, I have to admit that it got better & I enjoyed it a lot. It still made me laugh, it was fun & it was good sequel in the end. The ending was good & it makes me happy that there will be 3rd book in the series & I'm definitely looking forward to reading it. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot & I recommend it! 
  
Challenges:

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment