Apr 5, 2010

#37 - "The Remains of the Dead" by Wendy Roberts


Summary:
Sadie Novak's got the kind of job that kills cocktail chatter dead: she owns Scene-2-Clean a crime scene cleanup company. And if wiping up after murders weren't spooky enough, she can also see and talk to the ghosts of the victims...
When grieving relatives hire Sadie and her employee, ex-cop Zack Bowman, to clean up after the murder-suicide of Trudy and Grant Toth, Sadie figures she's bound to meet at least one chatty ghost. But Kent, the man Sadie first encounters at the scene, is very much alive--so much so, that Sadie soon finds herself agreeing to a date with him.
Then a real ghost shows up--the oddly silent spirit of Trudy, who seems determined to prove that her husband's innocence, and inspires Sadie to track down the real killer. But as she scours the crime scene, Sadie quickly realizes she's in way over her head, that Kent has a strange connection to the dead couple, and that someone wants her to give up the ghost...for good. 

My thoughts on the book:
This is the first book in the Ghost Dusters Mystery series & I loved it. It was fun, fast-paced, enjoyable & I loved the storyline & the characters. I couldn't put it down & I definitely recommend it!

My rating: 4.5/5

Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting book. I like unusual mysteries and this one kind of reminds me of something Charlaine Harris would write. I'll have to see if I can find it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may just have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this one! I read it last year and thought it was a fun book. I have the 2nd in the series already, just need to actually read it.

    ReplyDelete