Apr 12, 2010

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up!

I participated for the first time in the Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon & I loved it! 

I didn't do as well as I wished it, but I did it ok for a first time, considering that I'm ill & I coughed a lot, which made it hard for me to concentrate what I was reading. I slept only for an hour and a half, between 11 pm & 12:30 am (GMT +1). From the 22 h & 30 min that I was awake, I spent total of 13 h & 5 min reading (the last hour I gave-up & checked some of the other readers progress), I read total of 903 pages & I managed to finish only 2 books: Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden & When Lightning Strikes by Jenny Carroll a.k.a. Meg Cabot, but I also read around 1/2 of The Death of Achilles by Boris Akunin, 1/2 of The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie & 1/2 of Stardust by Neil Gaiman (re-read). I didn't participate in all the mini challenges, only in 7, but I read all of them & they all were really fun! Also, I have to say that the cheerleaders always made me smile!

One big THANK YOU to everyone: 
the organizers, the cheerleaders, the mini challenge hosts, the gifters, the readers & everyone involved! 

This was a great experience & I had a lot of fun, so I can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the readathon too! You read a lot of pages. I can't remember if I've read The Thirteen Problems before but I loved Stardust.

    ReplyDelete