Dec 3, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2014 Releases I'm Dying to Read!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created & hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish. 
For more info about it, check out the post HERE.

 

So, My Top Ten+ 2014 Releases I'm Dying to Read are:


#1 - The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co. #2) by Jonathan Stroud

No cover available.
  
 
The Whispering Skull is the sequel of the amazing MG book The Screaming Staircase. This book was the biggest surprise for me this year - it was funny, scary, eerie & full of awesomeness, and the waiting for this sequel is killing me. 


#2 - The Sorcerer Heir (The Heir Chronicles #5) by Cinda Williams Chima

No cover available.

 
The Sorcerer Heir will be the last Heir Chronicles book, and I can't wait. I just know it will be as epic as the last Seven Realms book The Crimson Crown was, and the last book The Enchanter Heir totally hints at that :)


#3 - Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

 
No explanation necessary, if you've read Cinder & Scarlet, you know why I'm dying for this book.


#4 - Half-Off Ragnarok (InCryptid #3) by Seanan McGuire

     
I adore the InCryptid series, and I'm dying to read more of the adventures of the Price family. This book will be featuring Verity's brother Alex, and yeah, I can't wait. Sounds like another awesome read.


#5 - Red Blooded (Jessica McClain #4) by Amanda Carlson

No cover available.
 
 
One of the series I got hooked on this year is the Jessica McClain series. I love the world the author created, as well as the characters, and i can't wait to read more & see what else she has in store for Jess & the gang ;)


#6 - Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7) by Jeaniene Frost

     
It will be so sad & hard to say goodbye to Cat & Bones, and the Night Huntress series itself, but at the same time, I can't wait, but I know it will be heartbreaking, I'm just hoping they'll get the HEA they deserve.


#7 - The Visitor (Graveyard Queen #4) by Amanda Stevens

No cover available.
 
  
The Graveyard Queen series is amazing, and one of my favs, so I've been dying to read more. Lets hope it won't get postponed once again, but even if it did, I know the waiting will be worth it.


#8 - Armada by Ernest Cline


Ready Player One is my most fav book ever, so of course I can't wait to read Ernest Cline's next book, and Armada sounds great!
 

#9 - The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld #11) by Gena Showalter

No cover available.

 
I love the Lords of the Underworld series, and although I'm actually one book behind (I still need to read Kane's book), The Darkest Touch will be Torin's book, and I can't wait to see what Gena Showalter has come up with for Torin & hopefully his HEA.


#10 - Witch Finder (Witch Finder #1) by Ruth Warburton

  
I loved Ruth Warburton's Winter Trilogy, and this duology is set in the same world, only earlier & with different characters, so it's a prequel in a way, and I can't wait to read it.


#11 - Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark #3) by Gena Showalter

   
Angels of the Dark is a spin-off series of the Lords of the Underworld, and although I've read (and loved) only the 1st book, I already can't wait to read this one, because it will be Thane's book, and from all the angels I met in the 1st book, I got most intrigued by Thane as a character, so yeah, I'm dying here. In the meantime, I'll just have to settle for reading Koldo's story, which I can't wait to read also, and planning to pick it up any day now.


#12 - A World Without Princes (The School for Good & Evil #2) by Soman Chainani

  
I loved, loved The School for Good & Evil, it was so imaginative & full of awesomeness, so I can't wait to see what the author has in store next.


#13 - The Unbound (The Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab

  
I love the imaginative stories Victoria Schwab creates, so I can't to read this sequel of The Archived.


#14 - It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney #5) by Julie James

  
I don't read a lot of contemporary romance, but Julie James is one of my fav authors when it comes to this genre, and I adore the series, and this will be Vaughn's book, so I can't wait, I know it will be so much fun :)


#15 - Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9) by Jill Shalvis

  
I adore the Lucky Harbor series, and Once in a Lifetime will be Ben & Aubrey's book, so I can't wait to get my hands on this book :)


#16 - Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek #6) by Brenda Novak

  
I can't say that I'm a fan of the Whiskey Creek series, I've read only the prequel novella & the first 2 books, and I enjoyed them quite a lot, so I'm quite behind, and most of the books in the series seem to feature mostly broken characters in a way, and that's not actually something I'm always ready to read about, but still I'm dying to read Come Home to Me, because the MCs are characters that I met in the 2nd book, and although they're quite broken (especially Presley), my heart was breaking for them in the 2nd book, so I'd love to see them get a HEA, so yeah, I'm dying to read this book.


#17 - The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) by Rick Yancey

No cover available.

 
The 5th Wave was a great read that I loved, so of course I can't wait to read the sequel, too.
 

#18 - Lady Thief (Scarlet #2) by A. C. Gaughen


Even though I wasn't a fan of the love triangle in Scarlet, I still loved the book, so I can't wait to read Lady Thief.


#19 - Code Zero (Joe Ledger #6) by Jonathan Maberry

  
Despite this being the 6th Joe Ledger novel, it's actually a direct sequel to Patient Zero, so I'm dying to read Code Zero, even though I still haven't read books 2-5, because I loved Patient Zero, although I will probably read the other books in the series before this one is published.

 
 #20 - Noggin by John Corey Whaley
  

  
I loved John Corey Whaley's debut Where Things Come Back, so I've been waiting for him to publish another book since then, and finally there will be one in 2014, and Noggin sounds so interesting & unique, so I'm really excited about it, despite the weird cover, although it definitely fits the book from the description.


#21 - Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

 
No explanation necessary, you're probably all waiting for this book, too ;) While reading Anna & the French Kiss, I really liked Josh, and I remember thinking that I'd love a book with him, so when it was announced that there will be one featuring both Isla & Josh, I was so happy, so yeah, the waiting has been long, but it doesn't matter, as long as it is worth it in end, I'll wait as long as it takes :)



I know this was a long list, but these are all books that I'm really dying to read, and I didn't even include every 2014 release I'm interested in, just those I want the most & dying to get my hands on. Of course some of these might get postponed for the next year, but it is what it is...
  


What about you? 

Leave me your TTT links!

33 comments:

  1. OOh very nice!! See a few titles I can't wait for! Even though I still have to read the previous book! The 5th Wave...I'll get to it! Great list!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Cress and Up From the Grave are must-reads. And I'm kinda looking forward to Lady Thief as well. :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they are :)

      Thanks for stopping back :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, you have a lot to look forward to! I really need to read the Lunar Chronicles, they have been on my TBR list for ages but haven't quite got to them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must read them soon, so amazing & addicting :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that's a lot of books! :) I don't know them all, but yes for Cress! I still have to read Ready Player One but I have no doubt I'll like it and then jump on the other author's novels as well.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I highly recommend them all :)

      And I hope you'll enjoy Ready Player One, I just love it so much :)

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. I love you list..Stevens, Frost, Yancy, Novak, and McGuire are all on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, we do have similar tastes :) And their books are just so awesome :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kimba!

      Delete
  6. I need to start reading Seanan McGuire again! So many awesome titles on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melody :) And you must read the Incryptid series, absolutely amazing :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed Ready Player One too. I am excited to discover Cline is writing another book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only discovered that a while ago, but I can't wait :D

      Thanks for stopping by, Pam :)

      Delete
  8. Great list! Cress and Unbound made mine too. And I've seen a lot of Jeanine Frost books this week. Guess I ought to get on that series, huh? :D Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, you must! And it's because Up From the Grave is the last Night Huntress book, so every fan of the series is waiting for it :)

      Thanks for stopping back :)

      Delete
  9. Woha now that's a great list! I must start with The Lunar Chronicles soon. I mean I've been delaying that read for too long. Hope you'll get to read these amazing books soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanja! And you must start the Lunar Chronicles!

      Delete
  10. Cress! <3 And Armada - it was my WOW some time ago. :) Oh and Isla and the Happily Ever After! And a lot of sequels to great series I need to catch up with but then I will be dying there with you.
    Great list. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dragana! And actually, I found out about Armada on your blog, and what are you waiting for, you must catch up with all of these amazing series!

      Thanks for stopping back :)

      Delete
  11. These are some great picks! I especially want to read The Infinite Sea and Isla. And I have to read Scarlet asap (I can't believe I haven't done that yet), so I can look forward to Cress too. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are you waiting for? I loved Cinder, but Scarlet is the book that got me totally hooked on the series, so you must read it asap!

      Thanks for stopping back!

      Delete
  12. Agh! These are almost all books from series I have not started yet but am dying to get to! I figure I should try and wrap up the billion I'm reading now that have released new books before starting new ones though :(. The New Year is coming! (And maybe awesome Christmas presents? My aunt reads YA which is pretty awesome)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was (and still am) like that, I kept starting new series, but not finishing them, so this year, I've been catching up on, so I can start new ones, so you must do that, too :) Definitely highly recommended!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I don't know a lot of your picks this week, but the ones I do know, I want SO MUCH! Cress, Isla, Noggin, Infinite Sea...Those are some lovely choices & I'm right there with you waiting impatiently!

    Mary @ Mary Had a Little Book Blog
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for those you are waiting & thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. So many cool picks -- I want to read the 5th Wave sequel too. Wonder where it can go from here.

    I'm such a big School for Good and Evil fan. Did you notice that the cover looks more adult than the first? Wonder if that's on purpose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that, and I think it was on purpose, maybe the 2nd book will be more of YA than MG ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. So many cool picks -- I want to read the 5th Wave sequel too. Wonder where it can go from here.

    I'm such a big School for Good and Evil fan. Did you notice that the cover looks more adult than the first? Wonder if that's on purpose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´m also looking forward to read Isla and The happily ever after and Cress. Great list, I just add some to my TBR.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adriana, and I'm glad you've added some on your TBR :)

      Delete
  17. Ahhh too many amazing-looking books! I need to start The Lunar Chronicles! So behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah, they were all great or amazing! And you must start the Lunar Chronicles asap!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete