Dec 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2013!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created & hosted @ The Broke and the Bookish. 
For more info about it, check out the post HERE.
  
   

So, My Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2013 are:

 
#1 - Dan Wells

  
I loved Dan Wells's John Cleaver trilogy, as well as his stand alone novel The Hollow City (no one has ever made me as paranoid as he did while reading this book), so what I've been waiting for until now, I have no idea. I still need to try his Partials trilogy, and now I have quite big expectations when it comes to his books, and I can't wait! You must try Dan Wells!!!
 
 
 
#2 - Marissa Meyer
  

I know you've heard about The Lunar Chronicles. I finally read Cinder this year, and even though I loved it, what actually got me totally hooked on the series was its sequel Scarlet, as well as Scarlet's prequel The Queen's Army, which totally adds a lot to the story in Scarlet, so I've been dying for the 3rd book Cress & I know would be just as awesome!
  


#3 - Amanda Carlson


Another series I got totally hooked on this year is Amanda Carlson's Jessica McClain series. I love everything about the series, I adore almost all the characters, and Amanda Carlson's world-building is amazing, and I think that everything she writes in the future, I'm going to read it!
 
 
 
#4 - Alexander Gordon Smith

 
The Fury duo (or only The Fury as it was re-published this year as only one book) is one amazing, suspenseful run-for-your-life roller coaster ride that I can't recommend enough. Alexander Gordon Smith is awesome storyteller, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more of his books!
 
 
 
#5 - Jonathan Stroud

  
I've wanted to try Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy for years now, just haven't gotten around to it, but now after reading his 1st book in his new Lockwood & Co. series - The Screaming Staircase, I'm definitely going to pick it up, because The Screaming Staircase was one of the biggest surprises for me this year, and I can't recommend it enough, definitely one of the best books I've read this year, and I can't wait to read the sequel The Whispering Skull, as well as more of Jonathan Stroud's books!
  
 
 
#6 - Soman Chainani
 

I adored The School for Good & Evil, and the world Soman Chainani has created, and I can't wait to read more, so I highly recommend this book, it's full of awesomeness, and twists & turns, and it has potential to become one amazing animated movie!
 
 

#7 - Rainbow Rowell
 

 
I loved Eleanor & Park, and I just know that Attachments & Fangirl will be just as great, although I'm yet to read them, but I know they will be fun, and I can't wait!
 
 
 
#8 - Antonia Michaelis


I finally read The Storyteller last month, and Antonia Michaelis is quite a storyteller, her writing style is so amazing & magical, and I'm definitely interested in reading more of her books, and this one will always be one of my favs. It's one of those rare, unforgettable books, that's staying with me long after I've finished them!
 
 

#9 - Alice Clayton

  
The first time I heard about Alica Clayton, was a few years ago when one of my fav bloggers praised her first 2 Redhead books, but I just never got around to reading them. And then, Wallbanger came out, and everyone kept saying great things about it, but the blogger that actually convinced me that I should read Wallbanger was once again Carolyn, and I'm glad I did, because I absolutely loved this book, and I'm definitely going to read more from Alice Clayton, starting with her Redhead series.
 
  
 
#10 - Bridget Zink + Patrick Ness + Gayle Forman

  
And yeah, I'm totally cheating, but I had to mention these 3 authors. I loved Poison & even though I'm sad there won't be any more books by Bridget Zink, I'm glad that at least we got this awesome story. Although I've wanted to read Patrick Ness's Chaos Walking trilogy for years, I still haven't, but after reading A Monster Calls this year, I'm definitely going to read it in 2014, because I want to read more books by Patrick Ness! And I finally tried Gayle Forman. I know, what I've been waiting for? No idea, and to be honest, if it wasn't for the read-along this year, I probably still wouldn't have read it, but I'm glad it got picked for the read-along, and I loved the way the author told the story, and I'm really looking forward to the sequel, as well as her other books!
 
 
 
What about you? 
   
Leave me your TTT links!

4 comments:

  1. You made some awesome discoveries! Love Marissa Meyer, Patrick Ness, and Rainbow Rowell (she made my list too!) I almost added Bridget Zink as well. I really need to read The School for Good and Evil! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiiice! Lots of new to me ones here but I do read and love Amanda Carlson!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rainbow Rowell was a new to me author this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love Rainbow Rowell and Fangirl is my favorite. I hope you'll like it. :) I also really recommend the Escape From Furnace series by Alexander Gordon Smith, it's awesome. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete