Jan 8, 2013

"The Assassin and the Pirate Lord" by Sarah J. Maas



Title: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Series: A Throne of Glass prequel novella #1 
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5
 
(novella read on January 7th, 2013)
 
  

Summary:


On a remote island in a tropical sea, Celaena Sardothien, feared assassin, has come for retribution. She’s been sent by the Assassin’s Guild to collect on a debt they are owed by the Lord of the Pirates. But when Celaena learns that the agreed payment is not in money, but in slaves, her mission suddenly changes — and she will risk everything to right the wrong she’s been sent to bring about.



 

My Thoughts on the Novella:


Ok, so first thing I have to mention is that I've already read Throne of Glass a few months ago, and I thought it was great, so I've been looking forward to reading the prequel novellas!
I don't want to go into too many details, but The Assassin and the Pirate Lord is really great prequel to Throne of Glass  that I recommend a lot & it will left you wanting for more. I liked a lot Celaena in this novella, she continues to be one of my fav kickass heroines, and as always she made me laugh. And of course, there's Sam, I liked him quite a lot, too, and I can't wait to see what will happen next.  
Although the series is fantasy, I felt like reading an adventure, I guess it's like adventure fantasy ;) I just couldn't stop reading it, and yeah, I loved every second of it. The story was great, of course there was lots of action, as well as suspense that hints what will happen later on, and I can't wait to read all of these novellas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment