Jan 21, 2013

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon: Start & Updates & Wrap Up!

A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading



The read-a-thon started on Monday, January 21st at midnight CST and ends on Sunday, January 27th at 11:59 pm CST. 



For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit the posts HERE & HERE.



For me, that means it started on Monday, January 21st at 7 am & ends on Monday, January 28th at 6:59 am. 





I'll post my updates on this post as I read for the read-a-thon.


On Twitter use the hashtag #WintersRespite. 


Ok, so I probably won't read a lot, something happened today :( that's why I'm late with this post, I was thinking about not doing the read-a-thon, but I planned to join already, and I'll need something to take my mind off things, and I have 3 books that I'll continue reading for 3 different read-a-longs, so I'm participating in the read-a-thon.

The 3 read-a-long books I'll continue reading are:


I'm actually re-reading Divergent, and I'll probably finish both Poison Princess & Divergent for the read-a-thon, as for Cinder, I'll try not to read it completely, since we have to read only 2 chapters a day, and so far it hasn't been easy resisting reading it until the end ;) If I'll read something else, no idea, depends how this week goes...


Updates:


Day 1:

Today I read only 1 chapter from Poison Princess.


Day 2:

Today I finished Poison Princess, I read 2 chapters from Cinder & 4 chapters from Divergent.


Day 3:

For day 3 I read 4 chapters from Cinder.


Day 4:

I didn't read anything today.

Day 5:

Today I read 4 chapters from Cinder & I started Foundation by Isaac Asimov. I realised that January is almost over & I didn't read a classic this month, something I decided I'll do this year each month, so I decided for this one because is quite short, and I read 6 chapters for day 5.


Day 6:

For the 6th day, I continued reading Foundation, and yeah, I'm enjoying it, it's interesting. I've read 10 chapters for day 6.
 

Day 7:

For the last day I participated in the mini challenge & read 1 chapter from Foundation & 6 chapters from Cinder.


Wrap Up:


So, I read less then average for me when it comes to read-a-thons, but still I did better then I expected in the end. I didn't count the pages, but I finished the previously started Poison Princess by Kresley Cole, I also read from Cinder by Marissa Meyer & Divergent by Veronica Roth, and I started Foundation by Isaac Asimov. I wasn't at all social this read-a-thon, I also didn't make to even one of the twitter chats :( but at least I completed the 2013 YA Book Cover Challenge :)

So, that's about it! I hope everyone had a great read-a-thon & read a lot!!! 

5 comments:

  1. I still have to read Cinder! Loved Divergent - I wouldn't mind rereading that one. Hope you have fun in the readathon!
    <3
    -heather/bookstacksondeck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything is okay. You're a trooper for still joining in on the read-a-thon. I hope the reading does help take your mind off things. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've really got a lot of challenges going on! Keep going! :) I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Cinder and Poison Princess! I still haven't gotten to Divergent for the read-a-long, but I'm planning to start it in the next day or so. Obviously, I won't finish by month-end!

    You did really well! I haven't read anything yet by Asimov. Glad to see that you are enjoying it.

    Hope things are ok, Aleksandra! It sucks when life throws a curve-ball :(



    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great. I hope you enjoyed it. I missed you at the chats. Sorry I'm so late stopping by for your wrap-up. I've had a week. =O(

    I'm working on drawing names for the giveaway. Please let me know if you would like the free ebook copy of John David's short story (info on the read-a-thon prize page). This is separate from the other prizes. He's giving away a free copy to all participants. Email me at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete