Jan 6, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Read-a-Thon: Goals!

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team

On Twitter we'll use #BoutOfBooks.

Link up your goals post HERE.

Check out the challenges schedule & the Twitter Chats schedule HERE.

To sign up for this read-a-thon, visit the sign up post HERE.


My Goals:


~ to read 1000 pages >>> 1476/1000

~ to finish 3 previously started books >>> 3/3

~ to read 4 novellas >>> 4/4

~ to read chapters 11-21 (95 pages) of Kresley Cole's Poison Princess for a read-a-long I'm participating in >>> 95/95

~ to re-read chapters 5-10 (80 pages) of Veronica Roth's Divergent before January 10th, and then maybe to re-read chapters 11-20 (143 pages) also for a read-a-long I'm participating in >>> 80/80 and maybe 143/143

~ to read 1 book (to start & finish it for the read-a-thon) >>> 1/1

~ to participate in one twitter chat >>> 2/1

~ to participate in 3 mini challenges >>> 5/3

~ to review all the books I'll read/finish >>> 4/8

~ to sign up for 5 reading challenges >>> 5/5

~ to participate in 3 weekly memes >>> 7/3

16 comments:

  1. Great goals! I meant to reread Divergent before I read Insurgent but it never happened. Maybe I will reread both this spring before the third book comes out.

    I've signed up for this read-a-thon too. Good luck with meeting all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some awesome goals for this week, I may have to steal a few of them. ;) I love this idea of reading novellas, not only will that be really motivating, but I can finally get those little books knocked out! Fabulous idea! One of my goals is to also write reviews for all of the books I read, so that they don't get left behind. ;) But hopefully I won't procrastinate on the review writing!

    Good luck with your fabulous goals! Happy reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I've been meaning to read the Throne of Glass prequel novellas, but I keep postponing, so I decided to list them as goals, so I will read them finally :) and steal them away ^_^ Hopefully I won't procrastinate on any of my goals.

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I loved Divergent! :)

    Good luck & Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh some great goals there! Best of luck with them :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get started on this!! Tonight I am stopping by blogs since I have some time.. because tomorrow I am going to be reading!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell that you have done this before. My goals are not specific enough. I do better when I know what I am going for, so maybe I should revisit the idea. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of those Kresley Cole books. I have had the author on my TBR for too long.
    Best of luck with your goals. I look forward to following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a regular old read-a-thon addict, although I haven't participated in Bout of Books since the 1st Bout of Books Read-a-Thon :)

      I usually don't list such specific goals, I just read as much as I can, but I haven't been reading as much lately, so I thought I need a specific list to keep me going ;)

      I've had them on my tbr, too, but I haven't read any from Kresley Cole's books so far, and this is her YA debut, so I don't know how it will be compared to her other books, but so far it has been really interesting.

      Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  7. I need to read Divergent, too! Maybe I'll join the read-a-long, but I don't know if I can squeeze it in this month!

    I hope you have a great week, Aleksandra!

    ReplyDelete