Jan 11, 2013

"The Fury" by Alexander Gordon Smith



Title: The Fury

Author: Alexander Gordon Smith

Series: The Fury #1
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
(book read from November 1st, 2012 to January 11th, 2013)
 
  

Summary:

Imagine if one day, without warning, the entire human race turns against you.

Every single person you meet becomes a bloodthirsty, mindless savage, hell-bent on killing you – and only you.

Friends, family, even your mum and dad, will turn on you. They will murder you.

And when they have, they will go back to their lives as if nothing has happened.

The world has the Fury.

It will not rest until you are dead.

Cal, Brick and Daisy are three ordinary teenagers whose lives suddenly take a terrifying turn for the worst. They begin to trigger a reaction in everybody they meet, one that makes friends and strangers alike turn rabid whenever they are close. One that makes people want to tear them to pieces

Cal and the other victims of the Fury – the ones that survive – manage to locate each other. But just when they think they have found a safe place to hide from the world, some of them begin to change...

They must fight to uncover the truth about the Fury before it's too late. But it is a truth that will destroy everything they know about life and death



 

My Thoughts on the Book:


Ok, so The Fury was totally freaktastic. I mean, I've read really awesome things about Alexander Gordon Smith's Furnace series, and about his writing, but I had no idea. The Fury was totally (ok, it seems I'm using the word totally a lot today) freaking me out again & again, I think that was one of the reasons why I need it to take so many breaks while reading it. It wasn't that it wasn't an easy read or anything like that, I guess I just need it to cherish it, and sometimes needing breaks while reading a book is a really good thing, it means that the book is a keeper :) I don't want to go into too many details about the story, but we have 3 totally different main characters Cal, Brick & Daisy, and we follow what happens from their PoVs, but their PoVs aren't the only ones, the story is told from multiple other characters' PoVs.  I really connected to all the characters, with all the accompanying emotions, so it was one hell of a rollercoaster ride that I both didn't want to end, and wanted to end, because I couldn't take the suspense. I think that the waiting for The Storm will be quite a torture, I'm already wishing there was at least a publication date so I'll know when it will be published. Another thing I want to address is that although I had a few expectations about the story before & while reading it, I was right about only a few of them, and I so didn't saw that one coming, the reason behind the Fury - it was a totally unexpected surprise, but brilliant. I can't wait to see how everything wraps up in The Storm. And I absolutely loved the writing style - no one had ever freaked me out so many times in one book, I'm already a fan of the author, and I can't wait to read his other books!
 
I can't recommend enough The Fury! If you're a fan of books that will literally keep you on the edge of your sit & biting your nails with suspense & terror, then this is a novel for you!

3 comments:

  1. I've made a free website where you can manage your book collection. I thought you might find it useful :)
    http://www.mixnode.com

    Thanks a lot <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, don't worry about using the word "totally" too much. I say "seriously" too much too! XD

    Anyway, I never knew Alexander Gordon Smith had a new book coming out and it sounds so good! I loved Escape the Furnace, so I think I'll read this one. Also, I love it when connecting with characters is easy, and I love suspense and terror, so I think I'll enjoy this!

    I would have never known about it if it weren't for your review, so thank you for reviewing this! :)

    ReplyDelete