Jan 9, 2013

"The Assassin and the Desert" by Sarah J. Maas



Title: The Assassin and the Desert

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Series: A Throne of Glass prequel novella #2
 
My rating: 5 of 5
 
(novella read on January 7th, 2013)
 
  

Summary:


The Silent Assassins of the Red Desert aren’t much for conversation, and Celeana Sardothien wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s not there to chatter, she’s there to hone her craft as the world’s most feared killer for hire. Quiet suits her just fine - until she begins to suspect there’s a traitor in the fortress, and she must determine which of the mute and mysterious assassins is her deadly adversary.



 

My Thoughts on the Novella:


I loved this prequel novella even more! I was surprised by how much I liked the Silent Assassins & their "society". Of course this novel was even more action filled then the previous one, and I loved the friendship that developed between Celaena & Ansel. This novella was both lots of fun, as well as really sad. What happened to Celaena & Sam after the events in the previous novella was almost heartbreaking, I got almost teary-eyed - Arobynn is one big a-hole. Also, reading these novellas are making me want to re-read Throne of Glass so much. Ansel's story was also so sad. I loved that we glimpsed more from the fantasy world in this novella, as I've said before - the series has potential to become really amazing. The story was so great, I loved the writing style, and I'm actually hoping we'll get to see more of the Silent Assassins in the series, and I couldn't stop reading this & I loved every second of it, and I can't recommend it enough, although you have to read The Assassin & the Pirate Lord first before reading this one

0 comments:

Post a Comment