Nov 30, 2010

"The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch" by Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean


Title: The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
Authors: Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean

Summary:
In his grandfather's seaside arcade, a young boy encounters a mysterious Punch & Judy man with a dark past and a woman who makes her living playing a mermaid. As their stories unfold, the boy must confront family secrets, strange puppets and a nightmarish world of violence and betrayal.

My rating: 5 of 5
 
My thoughts on the novel:
Although this wasn't the first work by Neil Gaiman I've read, it was my first graphic novel. I can't actually express how I feel about it. All I can say is that it leaves you thinking about it again & again. The graphics were really good, a little creepy & really weird, but they fit the story! Dave McKean is great illustrator! I have to mention that when I first watched the movie Mirrormask, which is based on a story by both Neil Gaiman & Dave McKean, I thought it was the weirdest & at the same brilliant movie I've ever seen & the same goes for this graphic novel!

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment