Dec 1, 2014

"The Earl's Defiant Wallflower" by Erica Ridley


Title: The Earl's Defiant Wallflower

Author: Erica Ridley
 
Series: The Dukes of War, #1
 
Publisher: Intrepid Reads
 
Publication date: December 1st, 2014
 
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read on September 30th, 2014,  from the eARC received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)


Summary:

 
 
Oliver York returns from war to find his father dead, his finances in arrears, and himself the new Earl of Carlisle. If he doesn't marry an heiress — and fast! — he and his tenants are going to be pitching tents down by the Thames. He definitely shouldn't be trading kisses with a penniless debutante... no matter how captivating she is!

Miss Grace Halton is in England just long enough to satisfy the terms of her dowry. But a marriage of convenience isn’t as easy as she’d hoped. Back in America, her ailing mother needs medicine only Grace’s dowry can afford. Which means the dashing earl she can't get out of her mind is the one man she can't let into her heart.

 
  

My Thoughts on the Book:



The Earl's Defiant Wallflower is a historical romance that will make you laugh & make you smile, with interesting characters that you won't be able to stop yourself, but wish they all find their happily ever after, and one that I can't wait for the next book to come out.

I haven't read anything by Erica Ridley before I read the prequel novella The Viscount's Christmas Temptation & The Earl's Defiant Wallflower. I've found myself utterly captivated & intrigued by the characters, and these adorable stories, and I'm definitely going to check out Erica Ridley's other books!

I loved both main characters in The Earl's Defiant Wallflower. Both Oliver & Grace are trying to do their best in the situations they've found themselves in, and that made me to like them even more. And despite their obvious attraction & connection between them, they know they can't be together, but I enjoyed the tentative friendship that developt between them. Their interactions were funny & adorable, and so entertaining & sweet, and I loved every second of it, and hoped for their happily ever after.

Both characters were well-developed, so the reader can both understand & connect with them. In the end, of course, they end up together. After Oliver compromises Grace, they don't have a choice, but I really liked the fact that they both realize that they really want to be together, and are ready to do everything for the happiness of the other, and I loved how everything wrapped up.

The Earl's Defiant Wallflower is delightful, sweet, fun, adorable & lovely romantic story, that I highly recommend, and myself, I can't wait for more of these characters, and I'm really looking forward to the next book! Definitely a new favorite series, and a new favorite author!
 
 
 

Challenges: 


1 comment:

  1. *just to correct myself, I read ii on November 30th, not September...

    ReplyDelete