Dec 26, 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Top 13 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015!


  
Top 10 of 2014 is a fun-filled yearly 5-day event we spend looking back at some of the best of all things books from 2014 and looking forward to those books in 2015 that we can’t wait for.

This event is hosted by Rachel @ Reading YA Rocks, Jaime @ Two Chicks on Books, Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy Reads & Nancy @ Tales of a Ravenous Reader.

To join this event, sign up HERE!
  
 
Once again, the event is over. :( This is the last day & today's theme is Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015. I couldn't stop at 10, but I managed to stop at 13. And I couldn't choose which 3 to be honorable mentions, so yes Top 13. Cheating, but what can I do? ;) Of course there are a lot more than 13 that I'm looking forward to - sequels, debuts or new series & books by authors I've enjoyed before, but these 13 are at the top of my list of books that I'm dying to read! And yes, they're all sequels to some of my most fav series or new books by some of my most fav authors or spin-offs to some of my fav series!
 
 

Top 13 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015:

 
 
#1 - The Skull Throne (Demon Cycle, #4) by Peter V. Brett
 
  
Easily my most anticipated book of 2015! I love the series, it's one of my most fav adult epic fantasy series, and yes, the waiting has been long, but I don't mind, because I know it will be worth it! And that cover - so awesome! I love the covers of the series, too!
 
 
#2 - Half the World (Shattered Sea, #2) by Joe Abercrombie
 
  
I'm dying to return to this world, meet new characters, as well as see old favs! I can't wait to see where the story goes, but from the description, it sounds awesome! Half a King was one of the best books I read this year, and I'm ready for more :)
 
 
#3 - Nightborn (Thrones & Bones, #2) by Lou Anders
 
  
Frostborn was also one of the best books I read this year, so I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of Nightborn. And from the description, it sounds just as exciting as the first one, and I can't wait to return to the magnificent world the author created!
 
 
#4 - Prudence (The Custard Protocol, #1) by Gail Carriger
 
  
I can't believe that the waiting is almost over. This Parasol Protectorate spin-off features Prudence - the daughter of Alexia & Conall Maccon, and from the description it seems she is her mother's daughter ;) I can't wait to see in what kind of mischief & mayhem she will get into ;) And of course, I'm hoping to see old fav characters!
 
 
#5 - The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co., #3) by Jonathan Stroud 
 
The Lockwood & Co. series is one of most favs at the moment. Both book #1 The Screaming Staircase & book #2 The Whispering Skull were among my best reads in 2013 & 2014, and I love the characters, so I can't wait for more!
  
 
#6 - Armada by Ernest Cline
  
  
I can't wait for Armada because it's by Ernest Cline. I absolutely adore Ready Player One, my #1 fav book ever, and I can never get enough of rereading it, so I'm interested in anything else the author writes.


#7 - Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

I adore The Lunar Chronicles, and I'm dying to read Winter. First, because I'm really interested in Winter as a character, and second, it's the series finale, and I can't wait to see how it will end. I love the characters, so I'm really excited about this one. Sure, I'm really looking forward to Fairest, too, but not as much as Winter!


#8 - Pocket Apocalypse (InCryptid, #4) by Seanan McGuire

  
The InCryptid series is among my most fav urban fantasy series, and I love the world & all the characters, and this one is set in Australia, so I can't wait for it! I know it will be full of awesomeness!


#9 - The Visitor (Graveyard Queen, #4) by Amanda Stevens

The Graveyard Queen is a creeptastic series that's among my top favs, and I can't wait to read more. Two of the books made it on my list of best books in their years, and it seems, 2015 will finally be the year the 4th book will be published.


#10 - The Devil's Only Friend (John Cleaver, #4) by Dan Wells

   
When I read the John Cleaver trilogy (I Am Not A Serial Killer, Mr. Monster & I Don't Want to Kill You), I was completely amazed & fascinated by these books & the character John Cleaver, and I was left wishing that maybe the author will decide to write a spin-off, maybe with an adult John Cleaver. And yes, my wish has come true. There will be another John Cleaver trilogy, though it will be set only a year after the events in the 3rd book, starting with The Devil's Only Friend! So, yes, I'm really excited about this book!


 #11 - Dark Alchemy by Laura Bickle

Laura Bickle is one of my fav authors, and I loved her 3 previous duologies, so I'll read anything she writes. And from the short description about Dark Alchemy - it sounds fascinating, and since I know what she can do, I can't wait to read it!


#12 - A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab


Ever since I read Victoria Schwab's debut The Near Witch in 2011, I knew she was something special! And since then, with every book by her that I read, I get more & more fascinated at her brilliant imagination & different stories, and her beautiful writing style, and A Darker Shade of Magic sounds absolutely brilliant, and I'm really looking forward to it!


#13 - untitled (The Shattered Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima

No title yet, but Cinda Williams Chima's new series The Shattered Realms is a Seven Realms spin-off. (Another spin-off I could only wish & hope for...) I adore her Seven Realms series, it's one of my most fav YA epic fantasy series, and this one will be set 20 years later, and I'm really excited, no matter if it's set in some of the other realms, or if some of my fav characters will be back or not, I just want more from that magnificent world!


And what about you? 
Which books are you looking forward to the most in 2015?
Leave me your links.
 
 
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

15 comments:

  1. I love your choice of fantasies and although I haven't heard of most of these, I've been meaning to read Cinda Williams Chima series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will, and you'll enjoy her books. She's an amazing fantasy author, especially her Seven Realms :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Zed!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know that Gail has a new series coming out, I need to get that NOW!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my blog birthday giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she has :) It's a Parasol Protectorate spin-off, and I loved that one, so I can't wait for this one, too :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on The Skull Throne - can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like we've been waiting for it forever, but it's almost over ^_^

      Delete
  4. Yay Armada made my list too. RPO is definitely in my top 5 of favorite books ever, so I'm also looking forward to Armada. I hope it'll be great! Here are the 2015 Releases I'm looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I mean, I know it can't be as amazing as RP1, but I have hopes that it will be great :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I have A Darker Shade of Magic! I'll be reading it in a few weeks. Excellent list!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy holidays :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, seriously, why did you tell me that??? I'm so jealous of you right now!!! ^_^

      Anyway, I hope you'll love it, and thanks for stopping back & happy holidays to you, too :)

      Delete
  6. Yay for Prudence! I love the Parasol Protectorate series :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. None of these titles made the cut as far as my top 10 is concerned; however it's clear that you read way more Fantasy than I do, so that's not overly surprising. Gail Carriger's novels are on my wishlist; here's hoping that 2015 will be the year I start her Steampunk series!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! I'm most looking forward to the next book in Ilona Andrews' Hidden Legacy series!

    ReplyDelete