Dec 17, 2014

"WoW #176: Pocket Apocalypse + WWW #87!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
        
 

Pocket Apocalypse
(InCryptid #4)
by
Seanan McGuire

Publication date:
March 3rd, 2015


Endangered, adjective: Threatened with extinction or immediate harm.
Australia, noun: A good place to become endangered.


Alexander Price has survived gorgons, basilisks, and his own family — no small feat, considering that his family includes two telepaths, a reanimated corpse, and a colony of talking, pantheistic mice. Still, he’s starting to feel like he’s got the hang of things…at least until his girlfriend, Shelby Tanner, shows up asking pointed questions about werewolves and the state of his passport. From there, it’s just a hop, skip, and a jump to Australia, a continent filled with new challenges, new dangers, and yes, rival cryptozoologists who don’t like their “visiting expert” very much.

Australia is a cryptozoologist’s dream, filled with unique species and unique challenges. Unfortunately, it’s also filled with Shelby’s family, who aren’t delighted by the length of her stay in America. And then there are the werewolves to consider: infected killing machines who would like nothing more than to claim the continent as their own. The continent which currently includes Alex.

Survival is hard enough when you’re on familiar ground. Alex Price is very far from home, but there’s one thing he knows for sure: he’s not going down without a fight.
  
 
 

 
I love Seanan McGuire's addicting InCryptid world & characters, so I can't wait for Pocket Apocalypse, especially because it will be set in Australia, a world of new-to-me cryptids & new cryptozoologists, and I'm hoping for an exciting (and much better) follow-up of the really enjoyable Half-Off Ragnarok!
  
 
 
 
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you’ll read next?
This weekly meme is being hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading!
  
     

What am I currently reading?

 
  
Before this year ends, this week I've been trying to catch up on all of those 2014 releases that I really wanted to read, but haven't gotten around to yet, as well as reread some of my top favs. So, at the moment, I'm rereading (and absolutely loving it again) Ready Player One, and I'm also at the beginning of The Queen of Zombie Hearts & Sparrow Hill Road. What I read so far from TQoZH, I loved, as for SHR, it's definitely different than what I expected, especially because I've met Rose in an InCryptid novella, but the more I read, the more I like it!
 
  
 

What did I recently finish reading?

 
  
I reread again The Graveyard Book, and once again I absolutely adored it! I also read the eARC of a long-time-coming sequel to one of my fav series - A Little on the Wild Side - it was great. And I read the latest additions to fav series from another two of my fav authors: Julie James & Stephanie Perkins. It Happened One Wedding was pretty good & I loved Isla & tHEA - one lovely wrap up.
 
   
 

What do I think I'll read next?

 
  
I need to read the Stardbound novella before I jump into the eARC of This Shattered World, and I'm really looking forward to them - I really enjoyed the 1st book. After that, I'm continuing with my 2014 releases list of books I want to read, first with a couple of my fav series: the 3rd Finishing School book - Waistcoats & Weaponry, and The Heir Chronicles 5th & final novel - The Sorcerer Heir. After all of them, I'm really looking forward to another reread of I Am the Messenger - another of my all time fav books that I'll never get enough of...
 
 
 
What about you? 
 
What are you waiting &/0r reading this week?
 
Leave me your WoW &/or WWW links!

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of lovely books here, I hope you get to enjoy every single one :)
    Thanks for sharing

    Yours
    Smarty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so, too :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. OOOh nice! Totally new to me but that's a pretty awesome cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You've got some great reading done recently. I'm looking forward to reading This Shattered World at some point. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm on a roll ;) It's been a while since that happened, so I had to share what I read with this meme :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete