Sep 11, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #132: Through the Zombie Glass + Not a Drop to Drink!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 


Through the Zombie Glass
(White Rabbit Chronicles, #2)
by 
Gena Showalter

Publication date:
September 24th, 2013   

 

Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much - family, friends, her home.
 
After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more - including her boyfriend, Cole - than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.
 

 
Not a Drop to Drink
by
Mindy McGinnis

Publication date:
September 24th, 2013


  

Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water.

Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most importantly, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirsty, or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival, and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. The mysterious footprints by the pond, nighttime threats, and gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won’t stop until they get it….

With evocative, spare language and incredible drama, danger, and romance, debut author Mindy McGinnis depicts one girl’s journey in a barren world not so different than our own.

 
 
What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

12 comments:

  1. So excited for Not A Drop To Drink!!!!!!! I still need to read Alice in Zombieland. It sounded like a really unique take on zombies.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy it, I loved Alice in Zombieland, it was a great read, different than I expected, and so fun & addicting, although I always find Gena Showalter's books like that :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jen!

      Delete
  2. i keep hearing great things about not a drop to drink and i'm thinking of pick it up even though i'm not really into "drought books." the cover of zombie glass is awesome.

    hope you can stop by my WoW.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like Alice in Zombieland so I gave up on that series. I hope you'll enjoy the sequel :) I can't wait to read Not a Drop to Drink as it sounds interesting. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad :( Did you finish it, or just gave up on the book? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oooh nice! I loved Through the Zombie Glass! Got an ARC of it awhile back and quickly devoured it! Seeing a lot of the second one as well!

    Hope you love them both once you read them!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks, Aleksandra.
    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I still haven't read Alice in Zombieland, but I hope to do so soon!
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I hope you'll enjoy it, Adriana :) Thanks for stopping by !

      Delete