Sep 30, 2013

"Sealed with a Curse" by Cecy Robson


Title: Sealed with a Curse

Author: Cecy Robson

Series: Weird Girls, #1


My rating: 3 of 5


(Book read from September 26th-28th, 2013.)

  

Summary:

 
 
Celia Wird and her three sisters are just like other twenty-something girls - with one tiny exception: They're the products of a curse that backfired and gave each of them unique powers that make them, well, a little weird…
 
The Wird sisters are content to avoid the local vampires, werebeasts, and witches of the Lake Tahoe region - until one of them blows up a vampire in self-defense. Everyone knows vampires aren't aggressive, and killing one is punishable by death. But soon more bloodlust-fueled attacks occur, and the community wonders if the vampires of Tahoe are plague-ridden.

Celia reluctantly agrees to help Misha, the handsome leader of an infected vampire family. But Aric, the head of the werewolf pack determined to destroy Misha's family to keep the area safe, warns Celia to stay out of the fight. Caught between two hot alphas, Celia must find a way to please everyone, save everyone, and - oh, yeah - not lose her heart to the wrong guy or die a miserable death. Because now that the evil behind the plague knows who Celia is, he's coming for her and her sisters.
   
This Wird girl has never had it so tough.
 
 
  

My Thoughts on the Book:



Sealed with a Curse is a nice urban fantasy book, set in a supernatural world of vampires, werewolves, witches & other werebeasts, and Celia & her 3 sisters are the weird ones between them all.
They have different & unique powers between them, powers that they got as a result of a backfired curse.

What I liked about this book? The world was interesting enough, the vamp virus itself was intriguing, although I pretty much guessed quite early who was behind it all, and most of the characters were quite likable.

What I didn't like about this book? The romance between Celia & Aric, and Aric himself. Celia actually has two love interests - Misha, a master vampire, & Aric - a werewolf. It's not that I prefered Misha - he was ok character, and interesting enough, but I really, really couldn't like Aric as a character, and the romance & the chemistry between him & Celia was really lacking, and I'm sorry to say this, but Celia acted a little bit silly when it came to Aric, she acted like a silly lovelorn teenager, and I really didn't like that.

But, I really liked Celia's sisters & their love interests. Now, the chemistry between those characters I could feel, they were actually quite sweet, especially Koda & Shayna, and all of them were really likable characters. To be honest, they're the biggest reason why I would give the 2nd book a chance.

Sealed with a Curse was fun & action-packed book, so give it a try. Even though I only liked it, maybe it will be the read for you, and the romance between the MC's will work for you. As for me, I will give the 2nd book a try, hopefully it will work more for me, because the romance was the biggest reason why I lowered the rating.
  
   
 

Challenges:

 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good but not great. Maybe I should wait for the box set ;)

    ReplyDelete