Sep 30, 2013

"If I Stay" by Gayle Forman

 
Title: If I Stay

Author: Gayle Forman

Series: If I Stay, #1


My rating: 4.5 of 5


(Book read on September 23rd, 2013.) 


Summary:



The last thing Mia remembers is the music. After the accident, she can still hear it. And she can see her damaged body being taken from the wreck of her parents' car - even though she doesn't feel a thing.

All she can do is watch as doctors rush to save her life, as her friends and relatives gather outside her room, as the boy she loves struggles to be near her.

As the next twenty-four hours unfold, Mia must come to terms with what came before the crash - and what would come after. And she knows she must make the most difficult choice of all. If she stays...
 
 
  

My Thoughts on the Book:



I've heard great things about Gayle Forman's books, and now after finally reading this book, I can see why. I totally breezed through this book, I just couldn't stop reading it until I finished it.

What I loved the most about this book, was the approach the author took while developing all the characters. I definitely got to know & love them, and of course my heart was breaking for them. I totally got teary-eyed, and sad and heartbroken.

I loved Gayle Forman's writing style, and I'm definitely going to read more of her books.
 
I don't want to go into details about the story, so I won't, but all I'm going to say is that If I Stay is one great, but heartbreaking contemporary book, that I recommend a lot to every fan of contemporary books.
 
 
 

Challenges:


1 comment: