Sep 1, 2013

Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon: Start + Reading List + Wrap Up!


The Fairy Tale Read-a-Thon is a week-long read-a-thon, hosted by Debz @ Debz Bookshelf.

To sign up, visit the post HERE.

This time, instead of reading mostly fairy tale retellings, I decided to read mostly some classic fairy-tale-like fantasy books (that I've wanted to read for years), as well as some other fairy-tale-like fantasy books.

My goal is to read at least 7 of these books.

My Reading List:

1. The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver
2. Beauty by Robin McKinley
3. The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter (picture book)
4. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
5. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
6. The Lives of Christopher Chant by Diana Wynne Jones
7. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (re-read)
8. Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
9. The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
10. Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
11. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald
12. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
13. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
14. The Fairy-Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley
15. Veiled Rose by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Wrap Up:


Ok, so I was a total failure this read-a-thon. I didn't do any of the mini challenges, or made it to the Twitter chat, or even tweeted about the read-a-thon, and I didn't reach my goals.
But, when I think about it, between beeing busy, and then getting sick, and not really enjoying half of my reads, I still did good I guess, when I take everything in consideration.

I read the following books:

0 comments:

Post a Comment