Sep 1, 2013

Top 5 Sundays: Reasons Book Blogging is Awesome!


Top 5 Sundays is a weekly feature with a different bookish theme hosted by Larissa at her blog Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life.
This week's theme is Books That Made You Cry.
You can join HERE!

So, My Top 5 Reasons Book Blogging is Awesome are:


#1 - Discovering New Books & Authors.

I mean sure, you can only read reviews on blogs, and discover new books & authors by following recommendations, and not blog yourself, and although I've discovered lots of new favs by this, I can't even say how many books & authors I've fallen in love with that I've received eARCs of for review, and I probably would've pass up not knowing what I've missed, so yeah, book blogging is the best for discovering new books & authors! 


#2 - Meeting Book Bloggers with Same Reading Tastes, as well as Bloggers from All Around the World.

You know who I mean, those bloggers that you can totally trust their book recommendations, because you love or don't like the same books, and you can always gush with them for your favorite books!
I absolutely love that there are book bloggers from all over, and I love chatting with everyone about books, I mean, how awesome is that? So, yeah, I absolutely love the bookish blogosphere!


#3 - Book Reviews.

I love reading book reviews, especially when I should decide if a particular book is a book I'd enjoy, so the many different reviews that can be found around the blogosphere are often helping me to decide.


#4 - Sharing My Love for the Books I Love.

I'm still reviewing books only for fun. When I read amazing book, I want to share with everyone how amazing it was, and to gush about it, and to recommend it, so other people would fall in love with it, too. I also love reading reviews of books I've read, and than sharing my thoughts with the reviewer, especially when we feel the same about the reviewed book!


#5 - Reading Challenges, Read-a-Thons, Read-a-Longs, and other bookish online events.

I actually started blogging because I wanted to participate in reading challenges, and even years later I still love them. Also, soon after I started blogging, I discovered read-a-thons, and now I'm a read-a-thon addict, they're just so much fun. The latest thing I got hooked on are read-a-longs, this started only a year ago, but yeah, I love them. I also love the other themed events the book bloggers host, they're always lots of fun, too!

4 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! Agree with all these as well!

    Here's my Top 5 Sundays

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the read-a-thons, I just wish I had time to participate in one! I probably will try one sometime after I've graduated, before I start grad school. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very appealing reasons for book blogging. The community is amazing.
    -Dilettantish Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome picks!!! totally agree!!

    ReplyDelete