May 29, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday #118: Ashes on the Waves + Golden Girl!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 

Ashes on the Waves
by
Mary Lindsey

Publication date:
June 27th, 2013
 

Liam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labeled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him - until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make awager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial - and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem, "Annabel Lee", Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.




 
Golden Girl
(The American Fairy, #2)
by
Sarah Zettel

Publication date:
June 25th, 2013
 
 

Callie LeRoux has put her grimy, harrowing trip from the depths of the Dust Bowl behind her. Her life is a different kind of exciting now: she works at a major motion picture studio among powerful studio executives and stylish stars. Still nothing can distract her from her true goal. With help from her friend Jack and guidance from the great singer Paul Robeson, she will find her missing mother.

But as a child of prophecy and daughter of the legitimate heir to the Seelie throne, Callie poses a huge threat to the warring fae factions who’ve attached themselves to the most powerful people in Hollywood . . . and they are all too aware that she’s within their reach
.




What are you waiting for this week?
 
Leave me your WoW links!

16 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are new to me but they look like intriguing reads!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last sentence in the synopsis for Ashes on the Waves. Great picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of the first one and I'm really curious because I really love that poem! The second one isn't my type. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've thought that YA books with fairies are just your type ;) The 1st one was really interesting, so I'm curious to see where this one would go ;)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Two interesting picks. I have one of Zettel's books on my shelf, but have yet to give it a read.

    Here's what I'm waiting on this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I enjoyed the previous book in the series, so I'm interested in reading this one, too.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I am also waiting for 'Ashes on the Waves', was not approved for an eARC so I will have to wait to be published like the rest of the mortals. LOL
    Haven't heard about The American Fairy before, but it sounds interesting. I'm always in a mood for fantasy. :)
    Nice picks Aleksandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! Thanks for sharing :)

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so obsessed with Edgar Allen Poe. Anna Belle Lee is one of my favorites too :) My all time favorite would probably be The Raven, of course.. I like to randomly read one of my Poe books, and i'll read ANY book that's based on a Poe story! (that is a lot of Poe, haha) New follower :)
    <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for this one, let's hope it will be great :)

      Thanks for stopping by & for following :)

      Delete
  8. Ashes on the Waves has a crazy cover! I think I might want to check out reviews before reading though as I'm only half sure I will enjoy it. Great picks =D

    Emily @ Falling For YA

    ReplyDelete