May 29, 2013

"The Summer I Became A Nerd" by Leah Rae Miller


Title: The Summer I Became A Nerd
 
Author: Leah Rae Miller

Publisher: Entangled Teen
 
Publication day: May 7th, 2013
 
 
My rating: 4.5 of 5
 
 
(Book read from May 13th to May 16th, 2013,  from an e-ARC received from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.)
 

Summary:


 
On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader - perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.


 

My Thoughts on the Book:


 
The Summer I Became A Nerd is a perfect summer read. It's cute, fun, humorous & sweet.

Maddie leads a double life. For everyone else she's the typical popular cheerleader. But, at home she's quite the nerd in secret ;) The whole scenario was hilariously cute. After what happened to her years ago, I can understand her, but still it was fun & cute reading what she did to keep her inner geek a secret.

And then, suddenly, her secret is out. At least, the one that discovers her secret is none other but the geeky Logan - the guy she actually has a secret crush on.

The whole story was really funny, with fun dialogues between all the characters & cutesy situations.

I loved the chemistry & interactions between Logan & Maddie, they were just so, so cute. And I absolutely loved Logan's family, as well as his best friend Dan - he was hilarious. As for Logan - I loved him as a character. He was so cute & funny & nerdy & sweet & fun, and I loved how he & Maddie helped each other. And I actually really liked Maddie as a character, too.

If you'd like a book that will leave you with a smile on your face, than The Summer I Became A Nerd is the perfect book for you & I highly recommend it!
 


Challenges:


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a perfect summer read. I don't know how I missed adding this book to my tbr since only seeing word 'nerd' in the title is enough to get my interest.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dragana :) It was cute & fun & nerdy, I hope you'll enjoy it if you read it :)

      Delete