May 31, 2013

"Hot Blooded" by Amanda Carlson


Title: Hot Blooded

Author: Amanda Carlson

Series: Jessica McClain, #2

Publisher: Orbit

Publication date: April 23rd, 2013


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read from May 4th to May 19th, 2013,  from an e-ARC received from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review.)
 

Summary:


 
It hasn't been the best week for Jessica McClain.

Her mate has been kidnapped by a Goddess hell-bent on revenge --- but Jessica is playing for keeps.

Because she's the only female werewolf in town...it comes with its own set of rules...and powers.

Aided by two vamps, two loyal Pack members, and one very reluctant human, Jessica must rescue her man while coming to terms with what being a wolf really means.
 
All in a day's work for a girl.

The second novel in the Jessica McClain series is a full on action adventure featuring one angry Goddess and plenty of monsters, demons, and a few newly risen beasties...
 



My Thoughts on the Book:


 
Hot Blooded continues just where Full Blooded ended. And this book was absolutely amazing, I loved every second of it! If you haven't read Full Blooded, there will be some spoilers about it in this review.

So, after the Goddess Selene kidnapped Rourke - Jessica's mate, Jessica, accompanied by two werewolves: her brother Tyler & Danny, Ray - the reluctant human, and Naomi & Eamon - two vampire trackers, goes on a rescue mission to save Rourke before it's too late.

Most of the book was the adventure-filled journey to find Selene & Rourke. But, what I was surprised about it was how amazing it was. I didn't expect something like that in UF, because it reminded me of the journeys often found in epic fantasy when they go on a quest or a mission or something like that, and I'm a sucker for stories like that. So, yeah, I totally loved it! It was filled with lots of twists & turns, it was suspenseful, fast-paced, action-packed, and full of awesomeness.

I totally adored Jessica, Ty & Danny as characters once again. The guy that surprised me in the end with the fact how much I actually liked was Ray, and Naomi is now definitely one of my fav characters, too. She's so amazing! We also meet Eamon, and I really didn't like him, although I couldn't quite point my finger why I didn't like him at that moment. I guess I didn't trust him.

We also learn about the prophecy. I actually loved that there's a prophecy, I'm a sucker for books with that, too ;) We also learn a lot more about the Underworld, and we meet a lot of supernatural creatures along the way.

And then there's the epic showdown. Let me tell you this, that Selene (Goddess or no) is one evil crazy bitch. And I loved seeing her ass kicked. 

So, they return at home after they've saved Rourke, and of course something else have happened ;) Poor Jessica, she can't seem to catch a break ;)

Hot Blooded is one amazing sequel, that made me fall in love with the series even more, and now I'm dying to get my hands on the next book Cold Blooded

I can't recommend enough this book & the series. It's entertaining, action-filled, fast-paced, suspenseful, mind-blowing, kick-ass, interesting, intriguing, addicting, full of amazing characters, and most of all full of awesomeness, and it's definitely now one of my fav series, and Amanda Carlson will join my list of fav authors!
 


2 comments:

  1. I have book one in my tbr pile and skimmed your review, but I am delighted it rocked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did! I hope you'll love Full Blooded when you get to it :)

      Delete