Sep 30, 2014

"Season for Desire" by Theresa Romain


Title: Season for Desire

Author: Theresa Romain

Series: Holiday Pleasures, #4

Publisher: Kensington Books

Imprint: Zebra

Publication date: October 7th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on September 29th-30th, 2014,  from the review copy received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)  


Summary:



Properly Wicked
 
Like her four sisters, Lady Audrina Bradleigh is expected to marry a duke, lead fashion, and behave with propriety. Consequently, Audrina pursues mischief with gusto, attending scandalous parties and indulging in illicit affairs. But when an erstwhile lover threatens to ruin her reputation, Audrina has no choice but to find a respectable husband at once. 
 
Who would guess that her search would lead her to Giles Rutherford, a blunt-spoken American on a treasure hunt of his own? When a Christmas snowstorm strands the pair at a country inn, more secrets are traded than gifts--along with kisses that require no mistletoe--and Audrina discovers even proper gentlemen have their wicked side. . .
 
 


My Thoughts on the Book:

  

Season for Desire is the final book in the Holiday Pleasures series. I was sad that the series will be over, but it least the finale was absolutely amazing, and I loved seeing again the characters from the previous books, too!

Season for Desire is a historical romance novel, that was lovely, heartwarming, a little bit heartbreaking, but amazing, humorous, beautiful, entertaining & delightful - and the perfect read for the holiday season! I loved it so much! So, yes, another one for my all time favs pile!

I loved the multiple PoVs. That was unexpected, but they brought the story perfectly. And all the characters were so well-developed, and I loved getting to know them all. I think that each of them brought a charm to the story that made it what it is.

I loved the MCs as characters. Both Audrina & Giles were so interesting & witty, and nice & charming, and I loved following them on their adventure. I loved their interactions, and I loved the story of how they fell for each other. So sweet & beautiful, and romantic, and fun, and charming. For most of the book I was smiling & laughing out loud, and most definitely grinning like a loon. So, yes, this book made me happy & left me happy.

I also loved Richard - Giles' father. He's so sweet & fun, and amazing, and I loved him, and I especially loved his sense for adventure & his interactions with Estella. So amusing & fun! And Estella - at first I didn't remember who she is, because it's been so long since I read the 2nd book, but yes, I remembered later when Louisa was mentioned, and I loved seeing her happy. She was one interesting & quirky character.

I also loved most of the secondary characters, but most awesome among them was the Duke of Walpole. He had just a tiny role, but he's one amazing man, and I loved what he did for Charissa, and he could be one amazing hero, though of course since he already got his happy ending, we won't be seeing that, but still - he's amazing, and I loved seeing both him & her happy!

That being said, I also loved seeing Lord & Lady Xavier - the MCs from the 2nd book, and Julia & James - the MCs from the 1st book. I even loved the mention of the MCs from the 3rd book. So, yes, this was a delightful finale to the series, and I loved it so much!

As for the story, I won't go into details, but it was a lovely mix of banter, road trip, holiday cheer, humour, romance, treasure hunt & quest, and it was full of heart & soul!

So, if you're a fan of historical romances or just fan of stories set for the holidays, then I can't recommend enough Season for Desire!
 
 
 

Challenges: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment