Sep 17, 2014

"Waiting On" Wednesday #165: Waistcoats & Weaponry by Gail Carriger!

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
        


Waistcoats & Weaponry
(Finishing School, #3)
by
Gail Carriger

Publication date:
November 4th, 2014


Class is back in session...

Sophronia continues her second year at finishing school in style--with a steel-bladed fan secreted in the folds of her ball gown, of course. Such a fashionable choice of weapon comes in handy when Sophronia, her best friend Dimity, sweet sootie Soap, and the charming Lord Felix Mersey stowaway on a train to return their classmate Sidheag to her werewolf pack in Scotland. No one suspected what--or who--they would find aboard that suspiciously empty train. Sophronia uncovers a plot that threatens to throw all of London into chaos and she must decide where her loyalties lie, once and for all.
 
Gather your poison, steel tipped quill, and the rest of your school supplies and join Mademoiselle Geraldine's proper young killing machines in the third rousing installment in the New York Times bestselling Finishing School Series by steampunk author, Gail Carriger.

 
 
 
I love Gail Carriger's steampunk world, as well as her hilarious & charming characters, and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Waistcoats & Weaponry. I wanted to read this one even before I read Curtsies & Conspiracies, especially because having read her Parasol Protectorate series, I know what the plot is, and I'd love to see how it will be discovered, (though I now know who will do the discovering), and on top of that, seeing Conall Maccon - yes, please!
 
But, after reading the awesomeness that's the 2nd Finishing School book Curtsies & Conspiracies, now I'm dying to read this book, I'm so excited & can't wait!!!

 
What are you waiting for this week?
  
Leave me your WoW links!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read the second book yet, but I really liked the first one. And these covers are amazing. I hope you'll like it, and thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Petra! And I hope you;ll read & enjoy the 2nd one :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Can't wait for this one! Still need to read the second as I'm a bit behind, but still...can't wait!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to start the series. Love the covers and blurbs. Such an interesting concept. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god oh my god oh my god - I'm in the middle of the audiobook for Curtsies and Conspiracies and I freaking LOVE it! I can't wait til this comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any steampunk, but they all sound like such fun! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “CRAZY LOVE YOU”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh yes, definitely waiting on this one as well! I loved the first two books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this for review on NetGalley. I haven't read the others in the series yet. I've seen good things about the series, but something has been holding me up. I can't quite put my finger on it. Hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven´t read the first book of this series.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone has such great things to say about this series, I really have to put aside some time to read it! lol, happy reading!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete