Sep 29, 2014

"The Frankenstein Journals" by Scott Sonneborn


Title: The Frankenstein Journals

Author: Scott Sonneborn

Illustrator: Timothy Banks

Publisher: Stone Arch Books

Publication date: August 1st, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on September 29th, 2014,  from the review copy received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)  


Summary:



Fourteen-year old J.D. discovers why he never fit in at the creepy orphanage--he's the son of Frankenstein's monster! The boy always wanted a big family. Now he's got a doozy: the donors of his jigsaw puzzle-papa!

Fans of adventure and classic monster movies will gasp with delight as they follow J.D. through this diary-style thriller. Old photos, maps, artifacts, and entries from the mad scientist's own journals will plunge the reader into J.D.'s quest to track down his Frankenstein family. But will he be in time? A shadowy stalker seeks the journals-and J.D.- to build a new, more powerful monster!
 
 


My Thoughts on the Book:



The Frankenstein Journals is a collection of two Frankenstein Journals stories: Feet First & I for an Eye. And I absolutely loved both, and I'm hoping there will be more to come.

Before this book was over, I loved J.D. as a character, and I'd love to go on more adventures with him. The book is in a journal format, and I loved J.D.'s voice - he's funny & quirky, and so sweet & amusing. That means, that the stories themselves were humorous, interesting, fun & entertaining, and the illustrations were amazing & lovely, and so fun & quirky, and they made me love this book even more. So, yes, both Scott Sonneborn & Timothy Banks had done an amazing job, and I'm left eager for more. More Frankenstein Journals please!!!

I highly recommend The Frankenstein Journals to pretty much everyone! It's definitely one of my favorites, and I'm so glad about the opportunity to discover how great this book is, and can't wait for more!
  
 
 

Challenges: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment