Sep 29, 2014

"Evernight" by Kristen Callihan


Title: Evernight

Author: Kristen Callihan

Series: Darkest London, #5

Publisher: Grand Central Publishing

Imprint: Forever

Publication date: August 26th, 2014


My rating: 4 of 5


(Book read from September 27th to September 28th, 2014,  from an eARC received from the publisher through NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 


Summary:



Once the night comes . . . 

Will Thorne is living a nightmare, his sanity slowly being drained away by a force he can't control. His talents have made him the perfect assassin for hire. But as he loses his grip on reality, there is no calming him — until he finds his next target: the mysterious Holly Evernight. 

Love must cast aside the shadows . . . 

Holly cannot fathom who would put a contract on her life, yet the moment she touches Will, the connection between them is elemental, undeniable — and she's the only one who can tame his bouts of madness. But other assassins are coming for Holly. Will must transform from killer to protector and find the man who wants Holly dead . . . or his only chance for redemption will be lost.
 
 


My Thoughts on the Book:



As always, when it comes to this series, I've had mixed feelings. Some things I really liked, some I didn't, but overall, I enjoyed Evernight, and I liked a lot the main characters.

I must admit that I'm not too fond of the author's writing style & choice of words at times. But, she writes quite likable & interesting main characters, with great chemistry between them, so I pretend not to get too irritated by the few tiny details I'm not too fond of... It's a subjective thing. That being said, even though her world is interesting, it's another thing I can't say it quite works for me.

But, after the events in Shadowdance, I was really interested in reading Will & Holly's story. Evernight might not have been as great as Shadowdance, but it was still good, though mostly because the chemistry & interactions between the main characters worked. Will & Holly worked well together, the dialogues & banter between them was entertaining, the chemistry was sizzling, and I just wanted to see them happy together, especially after all they've been through...

The overall story was interesting enough, though nothing was surprising, but I liked the way Holly & Will's story ended, and I'm definitely interested in reading the following book. Also, I loved seeing Jack & Mary again (they're definitely my most fav couple in the series), and seeing Jack happy totally made my day.

If you enjoyed the previous books in the series, or you're fan of adult paranormal or historical romances, I recommend Evernight!
 

 

Challenges: 


0 comments:

Post a Comment