Sep 8, 2014

Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon: Start + Goals + Updates + Challenges!


The Tackle Your TBR Read-a-Thon is hosted by Tressa @ Wishful Endings.

For more detailed info about this read-a-thon & to sign up, visit the post HERE.

On Twitter we (readathon-ers) will use #TackleTBR.


My Goals:


- to read 3 full-length books
- to finish 1 previously started book
- to participate in at least 1 challenge

 
I'll just list the books below as I read them, but my first read is Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter.


My Reading List:


1. Burning Dawn by Gena Showalter
2. Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
3. The Little Android (A Lunar Chronicles short story) by Marissa Meyer
4. Aces Wild by Amanda Carlson (novella)
5. The Asylum for Fairy Tale Creatures by Sebastian Gregory (novella)
6. Cress by Marissa Meyer
7. Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky by Marissa Meyer (short story)
8. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner  


Update #1:


So far, I read 2 full-length novels, and I loved them both:
 

  
...and I also read one prequel short story & one novella:
 
 

...and I participated in the Random Page Challenge.

 

Melissa Wright's Challenge: List Top 5 Fav Books



This was tough to choose. I mean, it was easy for #1 most fav, as well as #2, but the rest, it was tough. I barely stopped myself from filling the list with all the Neil Gaiman books (I adore them all), and then there were those I didn't list, and now it's bugging me, but I had to choose only 3 more.

Anyway, the books on my top 5 favs list are:

1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
2. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
4. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
   

 
 

  Update #2:


So far, I participated in 5 more challenges, the 2 hosted by Laurie Larsen & Melissa Wright, and the 3 hosted by Tressa: Book Cover Opposites, Book Cover Challenge & Color Challenge. I also read one novella, one full-length novel & one short story:
   
    

Final Update:

And at last, I finished one of my previously started books:

  
...and that's a wrap. I managed to complete my #TackleTBR goals!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Curtsies & Conspiracies. I read the first book and loved it and am planning on reading this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love Curtsies & Conspiracies! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete