Nov 7, 2013

Ho-Ho-Ho Holiday Read-a-thon: Start + Goals + Reading List + Update + Wrap Up!


The Ho-Ho-Ho Holiday Read-a-thon is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer & Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog.

The goal of this read-a-thon is to read some holiday themed books.

It starts on November 7th @ 12:01 am & ends on November 11th @ 11:59 pm.

The Twitter hashtag is #HoHoHoRAT.

There will also be some challenges I'm planning to participate in.

For more detailed info & to join the fun, visit the posts HERE or HERE.

My Goals:


- to read 2 novels;
- to read 3 collections; 2/3
- to participate in at least 1 challenge.

   

My Reading List:


1. Christmas on 4th Street by Susan Mallery
2. When Snow Falls by Brenda Novak
3. Small Town Christmas by Jill Shalvis, Hope Ramsay & Katie Lane
4. A Christmas to Remember by Jill Shalvis, Kristen Ashley, Hope Ramsay, Molly Cannon & Marilyn Pappano
5. The Christmas Train by David Baldacci - started
6. Take Me Home for Christmas by Brenda Novak
7. Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan
8. Snow Day by Shannon Stacey, Jennifer Greene & Barbara Dunlop
9. Love for the Holidays by Noelle Adams, Samantha Chase, Rachel Curtis & Zoe York - started, read 3 of the 5 novellas in it.
10. Christmas in Snowflake Canyon by RaeAnne Thayne
11. A Stubborn Sweetness & Other Stories for the Christmas Season by Katherine Paterson
12. Heating Up the Holidays by Lisa Renee Jones, Mary Ann Rivers & Serena Bell
13. Mistletoe and Magic by Katie Rose (a novella) 
 
  

Update #1:


So far I read 3 books:

 
I enjoyed a lot all of these. I also started The Christmas Train,  and I also read (and loved) Noelle Adams's story Holiday Heat in the Love for the Holidays collection. Hopefully, I'll finish both of these before the end of the read-a-thon. I also completed the Christmas Cover Lover Puzzle Challenge, and I participated in the Holiday Scramble, although I still haven't been able to unscramble all of the words.

Wrap Up:


Ok, so, as always, I didn't quite stick to my reading plans. I planned to read only holiday themed books, but I also read a book that I should've totally read for Halloween The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud, but it was the only one, everything else I read was holiday-themed.

So, here's what I read for the read-a-thon:

  
I also started, but didn't finish in time:


...I read a 3rd of The Christmas Train, and 3 of the 5 novellas in the Love for the Holidays collection.

I also participated in 2 of the challenges: 
- Christmas Cover Lover Puzzle Challenge
- Holiday Scramble
 
 I also joined the #HoHoHoRAT Twitter Party, which was lots of fun.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe this is starting tomorrow! I have got some planning to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo Aleksandra I am loving your list of holiday books..I hope you meet all of your goals and then some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list Aleksandra! I love all the names of the Christmas books, even just the words snowflake, sleigh bells, they already put me in a happy holiday mood :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a big list ! Hoping to get some holiday book in myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woha great job Alexandra. I though about participating, but I'm not in mood for this kind of books.

    ReplyDelete