Feb 9, 2010

#7 - "The Stone Rose" by Jacqueline Rayner


Summary:
Mickey is startled to find a statue of Rose in a museum - a statue that is 2,000 years old. The Doctor realizes that this means the TARDIS will shortly take them to Ancient Rome, but when it does, he and Rose soon have more on their minds than sculpture. While the Doctor searches for a missing boy, Rose befriends a girl who claims to know the future. But then, the Doctor stumbles on the hideous truth behind the statue of Rose - and Rose herself learns that you have to be very careful what you wish for...

My thoughts on the book: 
I loved this book! It was just like watching an episode from the tv series. Entertaining & funny. This is the first Doctor Who book I've ever read & I enjoyed it a lot! I think that the author did an excellent job at capturing the characters. If you're a fan of Doctor Who, than I definitely recommend it!

Rating: 5/5



Challenges: 

2 comments:

  1. I will have to read this one! I just finished the last Rose episode and sobbed for about fifteen minutes, so more Rose will make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Doctor Who series. Sounds great though.

    ReplyDelete