Feb 28, 2010

#15 - "Angels in Exile" by Paskal Gilevski

"Angeli na Progonstvoto"
(Angels in Exile)
by
Paskal Gilevski

 My summary & review:

Angels in Exile is a story that's set in the WW2 and after the WW2. It starts in the little village Setoma, where Paso lives. The fascists start to gather & grab the children, so one night they are escaping from their villages with the help of the partisans, so they can be saved. Although they were supposed to go only to the town Bitola & stay there, they travel through lots of countrys & are settled in lots of places for a short period of time and they end up in Hungary, in orphanages. The book actually covers the eight years the author himself had spent there, so this is a true story. In this book happens so much, that it can't be summarised in short, but all I can say is that it's a wonderful heartbreaking book full with suffering, sadness, hope, losses, mystery, first loves & all the experiences that one child & teen can experience for the first time. Also, it's not possible not to connect with the characters. This book is one of my favorites (I've read it at least 3 times before) and although I already know it, I still couldn't put it down. I'd like to recommend this book from the bottom of my heart, but I don't think that this book is translated in English. The title of the book Angels in Exile I translated myself from Macedonian & it really suits on the story of the book.

My rating: 5/5

Challenges:

1 comment: