Feb 26, 2010

#13 - "My Favorite Witch" by Lisa Plumley


Summary:
Dayna Sterling's always been betwixt and between. Born in a desert town populated by witches and blissfully ignorant humans, Dayna had magic, but no clue how to handle it. So she left to forge a workaday life among ordinary Joes. Which is fine, really - until the day one most extraordinary Joe turns everything upside down...The assignment is simple. Trace the runaway witch; bring her home for compulsory 'cusping' training. So why does Dayna set T.J. McAllister's half-warlock blood buzzing? Maybe it's the bonding spell that spontaneously connects them. Or the fact that T.J.'s powers go wonky whenever he's around Dayna. In any case, the attraction is making it damn hard for T.J. to accomplish his most important mission: prevent a dangerous uprising by locating a powerful witch prophesied to help him. She could be anywhere. She could be closer than he thinks...

My thoughts on the book:
I loved this book a lot! Although at one point I was little annoyed by T.J., that was for a really short time & I started to love the characters. There wasn't really a lot of romance in it, only a little passion, but  I didn't really care about the romance part (although I cared about the characters), 'cause I loved the witch world & the story  that the author created. I hope that she will write another book that will be set in Covenhaven (that's the witch town), 'cause I'd love to read that. This was really fun & enjoyable read, that kept me going & I couldn't put it down. That's why I think that My Favorite Witch will be one of the books that I'll be re-reading more than once & that's why I recommend it!

My Rating: 5/5

Challenges:

1 comment: