Feb 16, 2010

#9 - "Salt and Silver" by Anna Katherine

Summary:

Allie can't seem to get it together. Ever since her mom ran away to Rio with Rio - her tennis instructor - stealing Allie's trust fund and her comfortable way of life, Allie has been floundering. She works in Sally's Diner, and lives above it. And one night in the basement, she and her friends chant a ridiculous spell - for money, for luck, for love.and open a Doorway to Hell.
Ryan thinks he's got it all figured out. When the Door opened he appeared out of nowhere, a Stetson-wearing demon hunter dressed in leather. He's assigned to the Door, and hangs out at the diner, and when the Door disappears he is certain that Allie had something to do with it.
But something strange is happening in Brooklyn. Something bigger than Allie, and Ryan, and the Door in the diner basement. And when a meeting of demon hunters gives birth to a dangerous idea, Allie and Ryan are left to wonder if the fragile feelings growing between them can survive a trip to Hell.or if they themselves will survive at all. 

My thoughts on the book:
This book is a paranormal romance. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into it  until the last few chapters when I finally did get into it. It wasn't boring at all, something was always happening, but I just didn't connect with the characters & when something bad would or could happened, I didn't really care. Maybe the problem was that I probably wasn't in a mood for paranormal book. Overall, I liked it.

My rating: 2/5

Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound like it's for me either. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete