Feb 20, 2014

"You Suck" by Christopher Moore


Title: You Suck

Author: Christopher Moore

Series: A Love Story, #2


My rating: 4 of 5


(Book read from February 15th to February 17th, 2014.)
 

Summary:



Being undead sucks. Literally.

Just ask C. Thomas Flood. Waking up after a fantastic night unlike anything he's ever experienced, he discovers that his girlfriend, Jody, is a vampire. And surprise! Now he's one, too. For some couples, the whole biting-and-blood thing would have been a deal breaker. But Tommy and Jody are in love, and they vow to work through their issues.

But word has it that the vampire who initially nibbled on Jody wasn't supposed to be recruiting. Even worse, Tommy's erstwhile turkey-bowling pals are out to get him, at the urging of a blue-dyed Las Vegas call girl named (duh) Blue.
 
And that really sucks.





My Thoughts on the Book:



I really enjoyed the first book Bloodsucking Fiends. It was hilarious, and so entertaining, and both Tommy & Jody managed to capture a part of my heart, so of course I was looking forward to reading this sequel, and it was even better than I expected. I'm totally hooked on the series now, and on all the characters, and I'm dying to read the next & final book in the trilogy.

Once again we follow Tommy & Jody's adventures, as well as the Animals'. Of course, there were some new characters, like Abby Normal, and some old ones, and they all made one hilarious, laugh-out-loud, can't-believe-what's-going-on romp, that you won't forget soon, and will actually leave you eager for more.

The story itself was so funny, and surprising, you'll keep turning the pages, wondering what will happen next, and you'll have the time of your life. I know I did :)

I loved every second of this book, from the beginning 'til the very end, and what an end that was. I'm laughing just thinking about it, and about what will happen in the next book :)

Once again I adored all the characters, from the main ones - Tommy, Jody & Abby, to the secondary, including the Animals, which was totally unexpected, but I didn't want anything to happen to them.

If you enjoy humorous books, then you wouldn't want to miss this trilogy, or Christopher Moore's books, and I can't recommend them enough, if you still haven't read them.
 
 
 

Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to read a Christopher Moore book for ages. Maybe I will try out this series. :)

    ReplyDelete