Oct 1, 2012

FrightFall Read-a-Thon: Starting Post & Update Post!


The FrightFall Read-a-Thon is hosted by Michelle a.k.a The True Book Addict at her read-a-thon dedicated blog Seasons of Reading

The read-a-thon starts on Monday, October 1st at midnight CST and ends on Sunday, October 7th at 11:59 pm CST. 

For more info & to join the read-a-thon, visit the posts HERE & HERE.

For me, that means it starts on Monday, October 1st at 7 am & ends on Monday, October 8th at 6:59 am. 

I'll post my updates on this post as I read for the read-a-thon.

On Twitter use the hashtag #FrightFall. 


Also, there will be 4 Twitter chats:


Wednesday from 5:30 to 6:30 pm CST (Thursday 12:30 am to 01:30 am - my time zone) 
Friday from 6:30 to 7:30 pm CST (1:30-2:30 am on Saturday) 
Saturday from 10 to 11 am CST (5-6 pm)
Sunday from 1 to 2 pm CST (8-9 pm)

And there will be some reading sprints on Twitter throughout the week, so I hope to catch up some of them, and I hope I'll be free to join a few of the chats, too.


My Reading List:





So, I think that's about it :) Of course I won't read all of these, that's not possible, I'll be lucky if I read 3 books, but I have to have different options.


My Read-a-Thon Stats/Updates:


~ Previously Started Books Finished for the Read-a-Thon: 0

~ Books Started for the Read-a-Thon: 5

~ The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
~ Scarlett Dedd by Cathy Brett 

~ September Lights by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
~ Courtney Crumrin, Volume 2: The Coven of Mystics by Ted Naifeh
~ The Immortal Rules by Julie Lagawa
     
 
~ Books Read for the Read-a-Thon: 4

~ The Midnight Palace by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
~ Scarlett Dedd by Cathy Brett
~ Courtney Crumrin, Volume 2: The Coven of Mystics by Ted Naifeh
~ September Lights by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

~ Number of Pages Read for the Read-a-Thon: 952


~ My Mini Challenges Post!


 

Day 1 Update: I read 41 pages from The Midnight Palace & 21 pages from Scarlett Dedd, so a total of 62 pages for day 1!

Day 2 Update: I read 102 pages from The Midnight Palace.


Day 3 Update: I finished The Midnight Palace (102 pages read). I also read 116 pages of Scarlett Dedd, that makes a total of 218 pages today.


Day 4 Update: I finished Scarlett Dedd (132 pages read today). I also started September Lights, and read 32 pages from it today, so that makes a total of 164 pages for day 4!


Day 5 Update: I read the graphic novel
Courtney Crumrin, Volume 2: The Coven of Mystics (129 pages). I also read 18 pages of September Lights & 27 pages of The Immortal Rules, so that makes a total of 174 pages for day 5. 

Day 6 Update: I read only 7 pages from Zafon's September Lights, so a total fail, no time for reading today :(


Day 7 Update: I finished September Lights (170 pages) and I read 55 pages of The Immortal Rules, so a total of 225 pages for day 7.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Great list, Aleksandra. So glad you're joining me again. Hope you get some great reading in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I'm reading the graveyard book too !
    Happy reafing

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kingdom's on my list too. :)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection of books, hope you enjoy what you choose! Check out my list at Reading and Rising With the Sun

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cassy, and thanks for following :)

      Delete
  5. I see Zafon and that's the only thing that matters! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been saving both The Midnight Palace & September Lights for this read-a-thon :)

      Delete
  6. Those all look wonderful! I'm working on the City's Son too, I like it so far, kind of different! Good luck and good reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't started it, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for visiting me :)

      Delete
  7. I'm planning to read The Graveyard Book this month but couldn't squeeze it in for the RAT. You have a great line-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm planning to read The Graveyard Book this month, too, although actually it will be a re-read for me :) It's one of my favs, so I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Delete