Apr 30, 2011

"Rosa and the Water Pony" by Katy Kit (ARC)


Title: Rosa and the Water Pony
Author: Katy Kit
Illustrated by: Tom Knight
Series: Mermaid Mysteries, Book 1
Publisher: Albert Whitman & Company
Publication date: July 1st, 2011
Pages: 76
ISBN: 9780807550885

Summary:
When there's a magical mystery to be solved, the young mermaid detectives are right on the case.

The mermaid friends are excited about Mermaid Bay's annual carnival, where the best performance wins a beautiful pearl necklace! Rosa uses magic to create a pony out of water, and she plans to perform amazing tricks on its back. But just before the carnival begins, the magical water pony is stolen. Who is trying to sabotage the friends' performance--and why?

My rating: 3 of 5

My thoughts on the book:
Overall, it was enjoyable book for children. Obviously, I'm not a child, but if I was, maybe I would've enjoyed this book more. I also have to mention that I didn't like the illustrations, I actually disliked them a lot.

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment