May 9, 2014

"The Thirteenth Mystery" by Michael Dahl


Title: The Thirteenth Mystery

Author: Michael Dahl

Illustrator: Lisa K. Weber

Series: Hocus Pocus Hotel, #3

Publisher: Capstone

Publication date: March 1st, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on May 1st, 2014,  from a review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 


Summary:



Abracadabra, the founder of the Hocus Pocus Hotel has vanished! Charlie Hitchcock and Tyler Yu team up again to solve this mystery and find their friend. As the boys continue to search for clues, and as Annie Solo, a desk clerk at the hotel, helps them out, the last thing they expect happens. Tyler vanishes. But Charlie has reason to believe that a mysterious thirteenth floor exists in the old hotel...
 
     Final book in the Hocus Pocus Hotel trilogy.

  


My Thoughts on the Book:



The Thirteenth Mystery is a wonderful tale for young readers. I know that when I was a little girl, I would've loved this book & this trilogy. Actually, I still loved it, even now as a grown up, but then it would've probably be one of my favorites, because the mix of mystery & magic tricks woud've totally made my day.

The setting of the book is great. The hotel full of mysteries & puzzles is a wonderful place, and the characters are quite fun & really likable, and I loved going on an adventure with them. On top of that, add the great story & the beautiful illustrations, and I'm hooked. Probably, every child (boy or girl) would get hooked on this, and I can't recommend it enough!

The finale of the trilogy was quite satisfying, though I still would've loved more books, but I'll just have to let my imagination take over, and imagine more adventures for Ty & Charlie!

If you (or your children or nieces & nephews), enjoy books full of puzzles, mystery, detecting skills & magic, accompanied by beautiful & fun illustrations, then these are the books for you, and I highly recommend them!
  
 

Challenges:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment