May 27, 2014

"Misbehaving" by Tiffany Reisz


Title: Misbehaving

Author: Tiffany Reisz

Publisher & Imprint: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin

Publication date: February 11th, 2014


My rating: 2 of 5


(Read on May 23rd, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley.)
 

Summary:



Wanted: Adventurous, open-minded man willing to try anything…

As a popular sex blogger, Beatriz gets paid to have orgasms. So being on deadline the week of her sister’s wedding isn’t as rough as it sounds. There’s just one hitch: Bea’s assignment is to write a review of a sex position manual, but she doesn’t have a plus one to play with. 

The good news: Ben, the one who got away back in college, is also attending stag--and he's as temptingly gorgeous as ever.
 
The bad news: Ben turned down Bea’s offer of graduation night sex five years ago.

The best news: He’s not planning on making the same mistake twice.
  
A red-hot retelling of Much Ado About Nothing.  
 



My Thoughts on the Book:



Misbehaving is one of Cosmo Red-Hot Reads, and it's from Tiffany Reisz - one of the popular erotica authors, so since so many fellow readers love her books, I was interested in trying them, even though it's not my usual read.

I actually quite liked Tiffany Reisz's humour, I think that she's probably quite a funny person in real life, and really entertaining, too. I loved her introduction of Misbehaving, so funny! She also made me laugh a few times through the book as well. But, when the favorite part of the story is the introduction, it's not good. Don't get me wrong, for the right reader this could be pretty good read (I guess), but for me it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't good either.

I also really liked that it's a retelling of Much Ado About Nothing. I love the interactions of Beatrice & Benedict in the original, so I thought this should be fun. But, it wasn't. 

My problem was that I really didn't like the main characters Ben & Bea. Also, for me, there wasn't really any chemistry between them, not to mention love. Sure, they had lots of sex, and they had fun while doing it, but for me it definitely didn't work.
 
The only fun character that made me laugh out loud & make me like him as a character was Henry, though Keaton was funny & interesting, too. And there were some other laughs as well through the story, the dialogue was entertaining, but the humour was pretty much the only thing I liked in this book.

If you enjoy books like this, then try Misbehaving. It wasn't the right read for me, but it might just be the read for you!
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment