May 25, 2014

The Art of Plants vs. Zombies: A Visual Retro Retrospec Book!


Title: The Art of Plants vs. Zombies: A Visual Retro Retrospec Book

Editor: Philip Simon

Publisher: Dark Horse Comics

Publication date: May 27th, 2014


My rating: 5 of 5


(Book read on May 2nd, 2014,  from a review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)   
 
     

Summary:

 
  
Get the story of the mulchifying super hit Plants vs. Zombies from the zombies' point of view!
 
The Art of Plants vs. Zombies is part zombie memoir, part celebration of zombie triumphs, and part anti-plant screed, as well as a treasure trove of rare concept art, sketches, and more covering Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies 2, Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare.
 
It's a must-have for any fan and an insider's view of zombies with some Wall-nutty surprises and never-before-seen awesome art. Even Crazy Dave wants a copy — if only to learn more about his fun-dead foes!
 

  

My Thoughts on the Book:



First of all, I have to admit that Plants vs. Zombies is one of my most favorite games ever. From the moment I tried it when it was released, I was hooked. And of course I still can't get enough of it. Every time I finish it, I start over once again. I just love the art, the humour, the gameplay, the cuteness, and the addictiveness. If you still haven't tried it, what are you waiting for? This game is a must!!!

So, of course, when I saw this up on NetGalley, I had to snatch it up, and when I was approved, I was really happy. It was awesome going behind the scenes of the game characters & the art itself, and seeing how they all developed. Seriously, the artists of the games (and this book) are amazing, and I loved staring at them all, and never wanted to stop. To be honest, I wouldn't mind going through it all all over again (I need to get myself a copy of this book).

And of course there were the commentaries of the zombies that I totally adored. They were hilarious, and totally brought the mood of the games, so I loved every second of it. I was just sad when it was over.

If you're a fan of the Plants vs. Zombies games or just fan of beautiful art filled with humour, The Art of Plants vs. Zombies is a must, so I highly recommend it!
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment