May 31, 2014

"10 Ways to Handle the Best Man" by Heidi Rice


Title: 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man
 
Author: Heidi Rice
 
Imprint & Publisher: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin
 
Publication date: January 14th, 2014
 
 
My rating: 3 of 5
 
  
(Read on May 21st, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.) 
 
 

Summary:



The maid of honor's to-do list for handling the best man:
 
#1 Charm him.
#2 Find out everything about him from friends and family.
#3 Size definitely matters: especially when it comes to the ego. Tread carefully if he has a big one…
 
Sabrina Millard has a plan and a list for everything, including her role as maid of honor at her BFF's wedding. The best man is a whole different matter. She knows Connor McCoy is trouble — she once had a disastrous encounter with him years ago. Now that he's supersexy and supersuccessful, it's even worse. Especially as he's just proved who's in charge by shattering her legendary control…under the table at the rehearsal dinner!
 
Connor's having fun seducing prim Sabrina. Which is so wrong — she's the ultimate good girl, while his past is…complicated. Only Sabrina has him breaking all his own rules…

 


My Thoughts on the Book:



10 Ways to Handle the Best Man is an entertaining enough & really hot contemporary story. Not quite my type of story, but I still liked it.

I can't say that I quite liked Connor with his dominant behaviour, but I liked him as a character because of everything he has been through, and how hard he had worked to get where he is now, and all the obstacles he had to overcome. He was one well-developed character.

As for Sabrina, she was likable enough, and in the end, they're the perfect match. Sure, they scorched the sheets, but what I really liked was the ending, they were actually quite adorable & sweet, and I would love for them to make it & get their HEA together. Yes, I know, they're fictional characters, but I'd like to think they have a great future together, because they deserve it.

Overall, I liked the story, and I'm interested in reading some of Heidi Rice's other works.
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment