May 31, 2014

Kiss That Frog: A Modern Fairy Tale by Cate Rowan


Title: Kiss That Frog

Author: Cate Rowan

Publication date: July 5th, 2012


My rating: 3 of 5
 
 
(Read on May 23rd, 2014, from the review copy received from the author via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)  
 
 

Summary:



In this romantic fairy tale remix, a cynical Los Angeles artist reluctantly pet-sits for her young niece's frog and discovers magic in the terrarium--in the form of a sexy enchanted prince.
 
This novelette with a Regency time-travel twist is 12,000 words/45 pages. Cate Rowan's sensuous fantasy romances have won more than thirty awards.
 
  


My Thoughts on the Novelette:



This is the first time I've read Cate Rowan's work, but it won't be the last. In such a short read, she managed to entertain me, make me laugh, like the characters, and cheer them on, and that is great! So, I'm definitely interested in trying her other stories & books!

As for Kiss the Frog, I really enjoyed reading it! The heroine was funny, the prince was yummy, and the story was fun, and they were cute together.

If you enjoy fairy tale retellings, I highly recommend Kiss the Frog! It's short, but sweet, and will totally make your day. 
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment