Jun 14, 2014

"Love Like the Movies" by Victoria Van Tiem


Title: Love Like the Movies

Author: Victoria Van Tiem

Publisher: Pan Macmillan

Publication date: June 19th, 2014


My rating: 4 of 5


(Book read from June 9th to June 11th, 2014, from the review copy received from the publisher via NetGalley, in exchange of an honest review.)
  
 

Summary:



Kenzi Shaw knows the plot of her life down to the last line - the career she's building as an up-and-coming marketing exec, the gorgeous fiancé (Bradley) she'll marry in a fairytale wedding, the children they'll raise in her dream home. But when heart-breaking ex Shane comes back into her life, life starts going off the script...
 
Shane tries to win Kenzi over by re-enacting all the rom-com movies they used to watch together - Sleepless in Seattle, Bridget Jones's Diary, Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing to name a few. He's just a guy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to trust him again. But has he really changed? Not only is her head in a spin over Shane, but now her job is on the line. And with her perfect sister-in-law showing up every tiny thing Kenzi does wrong, she feels like she's permanently in the corner.
 
Should she risk her sensible life for the chance of a Happy Ever After? One thing's certain, when Shane meets Kenzi (again), she's suddenly not so sure who her leading man is...
 
Perfect for fans of From Notting Hill with Love . . . Actually and You Had Me at Hello. Grab some popcorn, hit the sofa and enjoy this feel-good and very funny novel.
  

   
  

My Thoughts on the Book:

 
 
You know all those lovely & hilarious rom-com movies that you can watch over & over again, and never get enough of... Well, if you're a fan of those movies, then Love Like the Movies is the book for you.
 
Even though I love reading funny contemporary romance novels, I'm not really a fan of chick-lit. I mean, they're cute & fun, but I prefer the others, and Love Like the Movies is actually a chick-lit, but I still loved it. It was funny, entertaining, Kenzi & Shane were sweet, flirty & charming (I loved their interactions), and despite the predictability of it, I had a blast reading this book.
 
I loved all the scenes from the movies that they did, it was really entertaining, and enjoyed them quite a lot. They often brought a smile on my face, and just made me happy. My fav scene they played out was the use of my fav scene from Love Actually, I loved it, it was as sweet & amazing as the original one, and it totally made my day! But, be advised, that if you haven't actually watched the movies, there will probably be spoilers ;)
 
Anyway, Love Like the Movies is the perfect summer read (despite not being set in the summer). And I highly recommend it to every fan of romantic comedies, both written & filmed. You won't regret it!
 
 
 

Challenges:


0 comments:

Post a Comment