Oct 3, 2013

Fraterfest 2013 Read-a-Thon: Starting Post + Goals + Reading List + Updates + Wrap Up!


The Fraterfest 2013 Read-a-Thon is hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

This is the 2nd Fraterfest & last year was lots of fun, so of course I had to sign up again.
 
 The read-a-thon starts on October 3rd @ 12:01 am & ends on October 8th @ midnight.

For more detailed info about this read-a-thon & to sign up, visit the post HERE!

On Twitter, we should use #Fraterfest.


My Goals:

- To finish one previously started book;
- To read 2 books (to start & finish them);
- To participate in at least 2 mini challenges.


My Reading List:


  

Update #1:


 
Ok, so I totally strayed from my reading list on the first day - I actually listened to the audio book of Neil Gaiman's The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I also read my 2nd book for this read-a-thon: The Outside, and I participated in 3 of the mini challenges: Witch Cover Is It?; Jigsaw Puzzle Challenge; & Witchy Wonders Cover Challenge. So, I'm pretty much almost done with my read-a-thon goals, the only one left is to finish my previously started book The Marbury Lens, which I plan to do next. Also, hopefully I'll make it to the Twitter Party tomorrow, and read a lot more ;)



Wrap Up:

  
For this read-a-thon, I listened to the audio book The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman & I read The Outside by Laura Bickle & Cold Blooded by Amanda Carlson. I also finished the previously started The Marbury Lens & read the short story that's part of the same series King of Marbury.
 
     I'd like to thank Kimba for hosting this read-a-thon, as well to thank all the hosts of the mini challenges, they were really fun, so THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read Lockdown and The Marbury Lens! Can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't got around to Lockdown (hopefully for your read-a-thon I will), as for The Marbury Lens - it was great, but dark & a little bit disturbing, but addicting, and I can't wait to read the sequel to see how the story will end.

      Delete
  2. Sweet reading list Lockdown looks awesome "are you my mommy?" sorry Dr Who reference. I loved the Outside. Thanks for joining and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I never thought about Dr. Who, but yeah looks like it, but much scarier :) I loved The Outside, too :)
      Thanks for hosting, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. I loved The Ocean at the End of the Lane, so I totally understand how you ended up reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I loved both the book & the audio book, another Neil Gaiman book I'll never get bored with :D

      Delete