Nov 29, 2011

#141 - "Geek Girl" by Cindy C. Bennett (ARC)


Title: Geek Girl

Author: Cindy C. Bennett

Publication date: December 8th, 2011

Publisher: Cedar Fort

Imprint: Sweetwater Books
 
ISBN: 9781599559254

Read from November 1st to November 2nd, 2011 from e-copy acquired from NetGalley!

My rating: 5 of 5

Summary:
Think I could turn that boy bad?” My two best friends—my only two friends, really—follow my gaze and laugh.
Trevor Hoffman?” Beth scoffs. “No way, Jen.”
I bet I could,” I say, shrugging.
Why him?” Beth asks. “Why not any of the other nerds sitting there with him?”
“Because,” I say slowly, “he isn’t your typical run-of-the-mill geek. Trevor Hoffman is different. He would be a little more difficult to take down, more of a challenge, you know?”


Jen's life of partying and sneaking out has grown stale. So on a whim, Jen makes a bet to turn Trevor, a goody-two-shoes geek, into a "bad boy." As she hangs out with Trevor, however, she finds it's actually kinda fun being a geek. But when Trevor finds out about the bet, Jen must fight for the things she's discovered matter most: friendship, family, and, above all, love.

My thoughts on the book:
Okay, Geek Girl is (without a doubt) the best ya contemporary novel I've ever read. I just fell in love with this book & everything in it. Let's start with the characters. Both Jen's & Trevor's characters are really well-developed. As the storyline developes, we get to know why Jen acts the way she does & we get to see how she overcomes her issues & becomes more mature person. Also, Trevor is such an amazing character (yeah, I know, maybe too good to be true) but I still fell in love with him & their relationship. I could really feel the chemistry between them from the beginning & I loved the fact that we could see how they slowly fell in love & it was so sweet. LOL, I'm still swooning over their love, and I read this book almost a month ago. You know how there are some books that you're loving so much, that you don't want them to end, so you start to read them slower than usually you do while reading a book? Well, this one was that kind of book for me. I couldn't wait to see what will happen next & yet I still didn't want it to end. It was really fun & amazing book, it made me laugh & it made me cry, I really connected to the characters (I'm such a geek), I loved the writing style, and it had everything that for me a perfect story can have. Will I buy this book? Definitely, it's on my must-buy list (since I read it from galley). Will I read it again? Without a doubt. I know that this will be one of the books that I'll read it again & again & I'll love it more each time & I'll never get bored with it. I can't recommend enough this book, really amazing & I'm looking forward to trying the author's other books! Definitely a must-read!   

Challenges:

0 comments:

Post a Comment