Jul 21, 2015

"The Reality Bug" by D. J. MacHale

 
Title: The Reality Bug
 
Author: D. J. MacHale
 
Series: Pendragon, #4
  
 
My rating: 4 of 5
  
  
(Book read from June 29th to July 7th, 2015.)
   
 

Summary:

 
 
VIRTUAL REALITY?
 
The territory of Veelox has achieved perfect harmony. Fifteen-year-old Bobby Pendragon arrives on this territory in pursuit of the evil Saint Dane, but all is peaceful on Veelox — because it's deserted. The inhabitants have discovered a way to enter their own personal dream worlds, where they can be whomever they want, wherever they want. Their bodies lie in stasis while their minds escape to this dream realm.
 
Fresh from his battle with Saint Dane in 1937 Earth, Bobby is confident that they can defeat whatever Saint Dane has planned for this world. But once Bobby enters the virtual world, will he be able to resist the lure of the ultimate in escapism?
  



My Thoughts on the Book:

  

And the adventure continues... The Reality Bug - the 4th book in the Pendragon series - is a little bit different, but still quite imaginative, suspenseful, adventurous, and maybe just a tiny bit scary because of the possibilities in the future that can actually happen. Sure, Lifelight was awesome & so amazing, but it makes you think & wonder...

Once again, Saint Dane is on the move, but he's not as present in this book, because at the beginning of the book, Saint Dane leaves the territory of Veelox, saying that his job there is already done, and Veelox is about to crumble.
 
I loved the story of Veelox. I mean, I loved getting into the world of Lifelight, it was quite interesting, but yes, Veelox was about to fall, and the blame was mostly on its people, and ultimately, I wouldn't want to live there... Aja (the traveller from Veelox) has realized the dangers that Lifelight presents to the territory, and has been working on sort of a cure, that's actually a virus, called the Reality Bug, and needs Bobby's help to implement her plan & hopefully save Veelox. 

I won't go into details, but I loved meeting the new & quite interesting characters, seeing Loor again, and learning more about the acolytes, too. Mark & Courtney want to become acolytes, and I enjoyed that part quite a lot, it was great.

And the story as a whole was fast-paced, full of danger, twists & turns, entertaining & imaginative, and quite the adventure. And that ending, OMG. Both for Veelox & Eelong. Things just got real. Not that they weren't already, but I think that the stakes has never been higher, and I can't wait to read the next book, and see what will happen next!

I can't recommend enough the Pendragon series! They're books that boys would love, but girls as well, and adults alike, despite being YA. Pretty much any fans of adventure stories, so I highly recommend it! It's one of my favorite series, and I know I'll enjoy reading the books again & again!
  
 

Challenges:


- 2015 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
- COYER Scavenger Hunt
: #60 - Oldest book on my Goodreads TBR pile that I own

1 comment: